• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Leeds and West Yorkshire CFS/ME clinic

Leopardtail

I would be very surprised if you get ANY help in the UK....NHS.. private.. whatever. There is no knowledge base ...no experience ...no expertise.(yes Myhil is doing her best & Acumen Lab is great....)

And I squandered years on vitamin therapy...still sick 10 years later. not saying it doesn't have a role.. but its not gonna fix things on its own... from what I can see

And I think you will spend money out of pocket on this illness and it seems to be a case of trial & error......so be prepared to spend $$$.. but think hard about what your plans are..

And Justy is right.....save your energy ....don't butt heads with your GP... there's nothing he or the NHS can do for you.

Hbot is cheap tho.. thru the MS therapy centers and can be a helpful bandaid for some...

Good Luck.
Anyone been to http://www.yorkshirefatigueclinic.co.uk/ in York.
I wonder if there beliefs are slowly changing along with Leeds (seacroft)?
I have seen them both to get a diagnosis and to get letters written to various agencies. They are vastly better. They do not and never have believed in the the BPS model.

You will not get treatments but will get much better advice.