• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

campylobactor.

Fuzzyhead

I started with bad stomach cramps 5 weeks ago, awful diarrhea, sweats, body aches etc. I went to the drs after a week and i had to take a stool sample in which showed campylobactor so i had a week of antibiotics. it eventually stopped the diarrhea and cramps. But i haven't felt right since then, i keep feeling clammy/sickly and my bowels are still not right. I didnt go yesterday but i had awful pains and today i have had stomach cramps again and been 3 times. I keep feeling awful and clammy. I thought the antibiotics would have got rid of it all and then been ok but i don't feel well still. Anyone else have this and need more than a week of antibiotics?

*GG*

My bowels used to be worse, my illness started with Mono. Did raw cow milk for a time, and LDN, not working anymore as well. use Creon once a day, so less diarrhea now.

GG

hi fuzzy. sorry to hear this, but consider yourself lucky. i was very sick with camphlobactor infection, and had to be hospitalized for 8 days. they kept saying it came from undercooked chicken. to which i replied that i ate no chicken for 4 or 5 days. it became a big deal, with the bureau of health calling me up one wk after i arrived home. to ask me more questions about the chicken. they finally accepted the fact, that i ate fish, few days before i got sick. saying ok i could have gotten a cross contaminated infection with the fish and something else in the restaurants. kitchen.
geez. but i was sick for wks even after i arrived home..

i hope you get better soon . do you have a good gastro? i also have CVID, (common variable immune deficiency) so maybe that accounted for my bad time with it.
good luck,
joanie

Skippa

Anti-BS
Campylobacter is particularly nasty because it can actually damage your bowels in nasty ways... I'm imagining you've got some residual damage that needs to heal... try eating "kindly" to your insides for a couple of weeks (brown rice, veg, fibre, not too much fat/processed etc you know the drill).