• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Millions Missing video

As I can't physically go anywhere for the Millions Missing thing on the 27th, I made a video. I tried to keep it really simple and short, though obviously that takes out some of the nuance/complexity. But, because my brain is now very fogged up from finishing it, I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look and see if they think the description should be more detailed to compensate, or if it's fine with just a couple of links. Any general opinions also welcome (I've never made a video before, so thinking about investing in a tripod for my phone to get rid of the 'shaky-cam' and trying some different things out).

It's here:

Thank you!

shannah

Great clip @Spoons !

The silence and emptiness speaks volumes! Your soft soothing tone of your voice is also very effective!

I don't see the description or links you make reference to so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

It's focussed and works great exactly the way it is! Cudo's to you!

Old Bones

@Spoons A very good job! However, I have one comment. It appears (at least to me) that there is no mention of why you, and millions of others, are missing. Or, did I "miss" it? Those of us on PR know why, and those who encounter your video attached to something that identifies ME will know. But, others may not. Of course, I don't know how/where you intend to publish your video.

Could you identify Myalgic Encephalomyelitis in your closing screen for a few seconds (under the words #MillionsMissing and beside your empty shoes)?

Hi, thanks for your comments all!

The links are in the video description, which is the drop-down bar below the video. I can't copy it on my phone, but it basically says

"For more information on the #MillionsMissing campaign visit:
[link]
For more information on me/cfs visit:
[link to ME Association]
[link to Action for ME]"

I used "me/cfs" as that's what's used in the UK. Do you think I should put more of an explanation in that about m.e.?

Thanks, haha of course it was intentional, of course ;) (part of me does like it too!)

I'm waiting to share it properly until the actual day, but it's kinda nice its finding it's way to social media on its own.

Thanks for your feedback, all. I'll leave it as is & just make sure there's info in the post with it so it's clear what it's about.

MEPatient345

This is really wonderful. Your voiceover is perfect, and I especially love the final sentence and how you pause in delivering it. I don't think the shaky cam is a problem either.. It kinda adds do if.

The shot at end of the greenish chair seemed more random that the rest, I couldn't tell what it was meant to be.. Is it a library? I like the others of your bed and curtains, and view out window. I thought of others like a ceiling light fixture.. Or maybe clothes in a wardrobe that you no longer wear. Or framed photos of you from your life before.

I love it. Marvelous job! @Spoons

@L.A. Cooper just wanted to tag you to see this...

Last edited:

AndyPR

Thank you! It's great. You did a very good job! :):hug::thumbsup:

Can anyone post here the http... for this? I tried to get it but can't. I'd like to be able to send this to others.

Thank you for putting this together, @Spoons. I just reread that you never did a video before. Wow, I'm shaking my head and smiling, you really did good!

Here's the URL, I need to do it like this otherwise the forum software enthusiastically changes it into a preview of the video itself, just copy and paste from below.
Code:
https://youtu.be/iH1ANvfs4kQ

@Silencio Thanks. I had lots of ideas for things but decided to stick with empty spaces (except my bed which I'm in) & what I could do without spending too much energy. The chair at the end is in a library, supposed to represent generally people missing from education and specifically me missing from my old career as an academic (and clinical psychologist, which I suspect isn't the most popular profession on this forum, but I promise not every psych is a GET/CBT psych!). I wanted to put lots of clips at the end during the "millions of us" but I ran of energy to film anything else.

Thanks again everyone for your lovely feedback.