• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut bacteria destroyed after Flu, need help

sregan

It could be that the antibiotic has caused your diarrhea. I was on Amoxicillin six weeks ago and ended up with really bad diarrhea for about 10 days. I don't have it anymore, however, my bowels are far from back to normal. I'm hoping that this isn't permanent as I just don't feel well since all of this started and my doctor hasn't really been that much help. What's new there, though!! :(

I was finding myself very intolerant of just about everything at one point. Could barely stand one drink of alcohol and seem to be increasingly dairy intolerant.

The Plantarum in just a few days has brought significant change. I took 2 capsules for a couple of days but now just one. I take first thing in the AM with lot of water.

acer2000

I started Align a few days ago (B Infantis) and its helping some. Maybe I'll try Jarrow Plantarum.

CCC

We've found a blend of nettle (leaf) tea and calendula (flower) tea works really well. It seems to calm the gut very quickly.

Hope you're doing better now and don't need our suggestion.

sregan

We've found a blend of nettle (leaf) tea and calendula (flower) tea works really well. It seems to calm the gut very quickly.

Hope you're doing better now and don't need our suggestion.

I am doing much better, but I appreciate any and all suggestions. And others who come along after might read this in the future and find help also.

sregan

The Syntol I took 2 the first day and felt very good that day. Most notably was the absence of a lot of mood fluctuation during the day for no apparent reason. The two days my GI was out of whack which I assume was die off although I've heard there is minimal die-off effect from this product. I haven't take since until I can come up with a strategy to mop up the die off.

Was thinking I might take some activated Charcoal, I've read it can "catch up" in the bowel to something eaten earlier. Not sure what the interval might me...

It would be take x Syntol AMD Caps, wait y minutes, take z charcoal caps... Just need the values for x, y and z now.

Mor

Like the thread starter and many others posting here, I too ran into IBS issues after a stomach flu. It seems like many of us did, all at around the same time too. Interesting.

Last edited: