• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are infections really a cause?

chilove

@Gingergrrl I'd love to hear more about your experience with IVIG and how it helped the MCAS symptoms. I also have MCAS and anaphylaxis. Thanks

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl I'd love to hear more about your experience with IVIG and how it helped the MCAS symptoms. I also have MCAS and anaphylaxis. Thanks

@chilove I am actually having my 2nd day of IVIG right now (of a 3-day split dose) and hard to type with IV in arm! Basically the IVIG has put my MCAS into remission. I don't ever say "cure" b/c don't know if this is permanent. Let me know if you have specific questions and will be able to reply on Sun or next week when done with this go-round. Apologies to all the threads and PM's that I am behind on again!

TrixieStix

"Oops, edit to add that the bartonella test was ran by Galaxy. It actually detected the DNA of bartonella in my blood, so considered very accurate."

@Strawberry

Do you know if your Galaxy Bart test for sure was able to show that you had an active infection or just that you had been exposed to Bart at some point in the past?