• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Gordon Skinner, UK?

bertiedog - we sound very similar! I have also had TWO post partum hemmorrhages in the past 20 years (been ill off and on for 17) Dr Myhill thought i might have an element of sheehans syndrome -but i was able to breastfeed all 4 of my children, whihc makes me wonder if this could be true. On the other hand all the info about sheehans suggests that symptoms can range from mild to severe and may take years to develop. An NHS Endo did blood tests for pituitary and said there was no indication of problems - but i dont much trust that.

I havent yet done the Genova adrenal test as i havent had the cash - but still thinking hard about it as i am not getting the gains on Armour i had expected (dr also surprised) i am not surprised - i am always complicated (ask the husband he will testify!) Hvae been having problems with Armour which would indicate adrenal issues.

I am wary of steroids though as they greatly contributed to my deterioration 5 years ago after being put on too high a dose of inhaled steriod for a few years and then given oral courses on top (for lung infections) I swore i would never take them again, but on the other hand i would consider a low dose with the Armour if the test showed a need.

Dr S is happy to prescribe them if i need for a trial - but without the test results i declined. Dr S generally believes that adrenals will sort themselves out once TRhyroid is properly medicated, but i am unsure about this approach.

Weirdly since starting Armour my symtpoms have become MORE hypo - now my hair is even falling out!

Glad that these things have helped improve the quality of your life - wondering if any NHS docs are interested in the possibility of you having Sheehans - that was an awful lot of blood you lost in one go - did you have a transfusion? and were you able/did you breastfeed? if you did did you have problems with milk supply.?

Take care,
Justy.
Hello,

How are you doing now about this experiment or treatment? I wonder bcs I have very similar reaction and expect most of cfs patients would say similar.

But T3 only made me interested to try thyroids once again.

justy,

Fwiw, I had the same experience with Armour. Getting increasingly hypo the longer I took it. My problem turned out to be high reverse T3. Sounds like that's common for those of us with chronic infection/inflammation. Our bodies convert too much T4 to reverse T3, and end up without enough active T3. Typically, my doctor was able to order the tests, but didn't recognize the result and didn't want to treat it. I ended up taking myself off the Armour, started T3 (Cynomel) and instantly felt better. I've now been on the T3 only for almost a year and am super happy with it.

There's a reverse T3 Yahoo group who helped me through. You can get a lot of info there. None of my doctors are knowledgeable on this, which is very disheartening as it's a common problem and pretty easy to correct.

Hugs!

How are you doing with your treatment please?

Better health to all of you :)

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hello,

How are you doing now about this experiment or treatment? I wonder bcs I have very similar reaction and expect most of cfs patients would say similar.

But T3 only made me interested to try thyroids once again.

How are you doing with your treatment please?

Better health to all of you :)

this is a pretty old thread 0 things have moved on a lot. The armour thyroid gave me two great months and then I crashed hard and ive never recovered back to baseline since. Is topped all thyroid meds and didn't see this Dr again. I since then have a dx of Lyme disease and co infections - still have classic Hypo symptoms as well but take nothing for it.