• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NRI/SNRI adrenal fatigue

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
After opinions on these meds in adrenal fatigue. As i understand it NRI- noradrenaline reuptake inhibitors dont stimulate the adrenals to produce nor adren but make the nor adren we do produce last longer. This sounds like an advantage in treating adrenal fatigue but a google of the internet seems to say otherwise. I can understand how it may increase energy and encourage you to push yourself but also as long as u dont go running marathons everyday, this extra energy is better then being wrapped in cotton wool all the time, always keeping in mind to rest and recover from activities.

Im bringing this subject up as i have had good response from reboxetine/edronax which is a NRI. Im taking a very low dose compared to the doses used in depression which is 4 mg twice a day, Im only taking 1mg in the morning and because it has a short half life, it isnt impacting my crappy sleep.I have only been on it 4 days so far. Before using edronax i was feeling down and lethargic and getting very unmotivated, brain fogged etc etc. Now i have used edronax a few times before but have stopped it quickly due to side effects like insomnia, perfuse sweating, but it did give me good energy.

I think the difference is that this time my viral load is down from antivirals, which was also confusing as i wasnt really feeling any better although i felt different, less viral which is why i was persuing adrenal fatigue treatments. Fingers crossed that it keeps working for me, but i think that because this illness is neurological as well as immunological theres 2 things we need to treat. Im not sure if its poor adrenals or just that brain cells that have been switched off for so long need a jump start to start working again, im leaning towards the brain cells being switched off as adrenal fatigue treatments havent helped fully.

So from day 1 on edronax i have been feeling better, dare i say it, almost normal??? yesterday i had the urge to clean the garden shed out which has been on my to do list for quite some time. This garden shed is actually my gym so i was moving some heavy stuff around to clean it up and was at it for a few hours too. SOmething like this 2 weeks ago i would had to have set a bomb off to get me to even start it and then i would have collapsed while doing it and crashed badly afterwards. I have woken up this morning alittle stiff but feeling good, clear headed just all good, but today i am taking it easy as i really dont want to crash, so i am being weiry of overdoing it and i really hope it continues to work. Side effects that i had in the past from using edronax i havent had this time so far. Go's to show that we should retry old treatments we have stopped every so often.

antidepressants is a bad name for these meds just like cfs is for our illness, they should be called neurological meds as they dont just help with depression but function of our nervous sytem which is so out of whack. Dosing has to be careful with cfs as our neurology is very different to someone who just has depression and using depression dosages. So far from my experience, i think they seem to work better when the immune side of things are more under control. I have 4 days of work in a row coming up, mmm lets see how i go as this will test the waters. I will keep u posted.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

Day 1 at work and day 5 on reboxetine, did quite well energy wise, brain fog, memory even remembering names lol but did finish the day with a headache. So im hoping its not false energy or masking fatigue but giving me real energy through more noradrenaline and that i can recover from using the extra energy. Even if it prolongs my working life it would be good, fingers crossed theres no extra big crash. Sleeping well even though still on sleeping meds, sleeping drug free will be my next mission when i have everything else sorted and stabilse??? Three days to go at work, we will see how im feeling by the end of it, hopefully not half dead like normal and lie in bed for 3 days which is my usual routine. I work 3-4 days with 3-4 days off at the moment.

cheers!!!

ukxmrv

Heapsreal, thanks for the update.

What other drugs are you taking at the same time?

Fingers crossed for you as well.

heapsreal

Heapsreal, thanks for the update.

What other drugs are you taking at the same time?

Fingers crossed for you as well.

antiviral famvir, neurontin and rotate between a few meds for sleep. I have dropped all the things i was using for adrenal fatigue but may add back the dhea again later as my levels were really low and see if i get headaches etc from it again.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

its been a week on edronax, it has helped with energy but pittering out energy wise so increased to 1/2 a tab and in that one day had improved energy levels and then couldnt sleep even with seroquel and a few natural things, midnight i added hyponorm,benzo and got me to sleep, acutally a big sleep in as had minmum of late due to edronax, so yes the ongoing sleep debt and the extra meds to get me to sleep. So im dropping the edronax and maybe use it at 1/4 tab once in awhile as i think it can help turn on a few brain cells on, the lower dose 1/4 tab stopped working and a half a tab was too much. I will say the lower doses help with improving mood. but now im going to try a low dose lexapro like 2.5mg which is 1/2 5mg tabs i have. Im hoping something will turn on these lazy brain cells and get them working which will not only help with mood but also energy, memort problems. So another experiment on the way.

cheers!!!

This thread is already very old. But independently from this thread I stumbled over edronax. This drug is really a miracle and the effect feels absolutely natural - I simply feel like a normal person.
I also am taking 1mg doses in the morning despite the recommended standard dose of 8mg.
This stuff is very potent, it has worked from the first day but you should definitely be VERY careful with the dosage. I don't recommend anybody here to start higher than 2mg.
Here a list of very noticeable effects:
- increased sweating.This is a big +! I usually feel miserable in the heat of the summer because I'm basically unable to sweat. This change really improves how I feel. I think my sweating is now that of a normal person.
- increased blood pressure. Usually my body doesn't react to stress adequately and it's best for me to simply lay down. But now I can actually feel my blood pressure going up as soon as I stand up! That's a very good thing - it doesn't feel as if gravity is pulling down so hard on me. And I feel more energetic when walking/standing.
- increased motivation. Usually I just lay around watching youtube all day due to lack of energy and motivation, but now I'm actually quite productive. I have been working on a computer program the last few days @ 6+hrs per day :O! And I'm super motivated to get it to work. Usually I never do more than the absolute minimum...
Downsides:
- less hunger. I'm very skinny so this is a negative. But it's something I can live with and actively try to eat more.
- problems with erection. I had these problems at 2mg. At 1mg this problem is non-existent for me.
- slight heart prints sometimes. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe my heart isn't used to so much work. But until now it's so rare and minor that it isn't bothering me.

There are a few indicators which might show that this would be a good treatment for you:
- you have low blood pressure
- Schellong I or II test abnormal. Google it - this is an objective indicator!
- inability to sweat

Best regards