• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Zeolite

Daffodil

well having another thing to take on empty stomach is going to be challenging. i already have lipsomal glutathione, probiotics, l-glutamine, and now this. i can manage only 2 of those a day cuz i am hungry all day lol

someone left me a message to let me know that dr. klinghardt recommends Bio Pure brand Zeobind. that is $100 in canada. Brutal. actually, it doesnt even look like its in stock in the 1 place that carries or carried it. so I will have to order from states. still will come to $100 if not more with shipping. plus our dollar is bad. at least it lasts a while.

the cost of this disease is so incredible, i do not see how anyone can maintain treatment for long enough to get well! i may have to give up some supplements.

Daffodil

Actually its better not to follow my indication. Just saw on their site that it's only for ''external use'' (their powder version) . Don't know why. Is it possible that some laboratories only indicates it for teeth, skin and hair but it's the same product? They say ingredient is 100% zeolite (clinoptilolite). The same laboratory offers the product to swallow but in capsule with a bit of curcuma together...(without any difference in the zeolite description)
I'm pretty lost and don't know if I can take it safely now :(
maybe there is something different about the biopure version. probably not though lol

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
maybe there is something different about the biopure version. probably not though lol
Different brands of zeolite are said to have different safety profiles. I have some made by Nutramedix that was supposed to be pure. With zeolite, it seems that brand matters. There was a lot of discussion on this a few years ago.

dadouv47

Different brands of zeolite are said to have different safety profiles. I have some made by Nutramedix that was supposed to be pure. With zeolite, it seems that brand matters. There was a lot of discussion on this a few years ago.

Too bad our Doctor doesn't give any indication on which brand to buy :(

At least my zeoline has a ''off-white'' color ( they say that's a sign of being ''pure''). Still don't know if it's only for external use or if I can take it but will have to ask the laboratory :(

ahmo

When I researched zeolites a couple years back, I ended up choosing shilajit. Similar. From what I found, which I can't begin to recall, this seemed the better choice. I've also seen shilajit recently referred to as a soil-based probiotic. Sorry, I don't have any references.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I've also seen shilajit recently referred to as a soil-based probiotic. Sorry, I don't have any references.
I've got a funny anecdotal reference for shilajit. I used to watch monkeys in the Himalayas licking it off the rocks. They rated it *****.
images

ahmo

I found I have this reference to shilajit. My zeolite references are mainly Klinghardt.
https://im177.infusionsoft.com/app/...a790a4ace0412bbc066b45f2587ecba8272f86691eb6d

Body Ecology

Fulvic Acid Minerals IMMEDIATELY Supercharge Your Health

Minerals are the backbone of every mechanism within your body. Fortunately, the earth naturally stores key minerals inside the food that you eat. But over-farmed soil yields weak and sickly crops.

With fulvic acid minerals, you sleep better, and you feel happier.

While inorganic fertilizers and pesticides will make vegetables grow, it’s the soil that plants depend on. And it’s the soil that impacts your health.

Missing micronutrients in soil—like iron or zinc—can ultimately create mineral deficiencies within your body, or “hidden hunger.”1 As Kul C. Gautam, former deputy executive director of UNICEF explains,

“The ‘hidden hunger’ due to micronutrient deficiency does not produce hunger as we know it. You might not feel it in the belly, but it strikes at the core of your health and vitality.”2

Low levels of iodine, iron, and zinc are some of the most common nutrient deficiencies. But there is a full spectrum of minerals that your body requires.

8CABA337-6C22-445C-BF49-D03D5C293D12.tiff
https://im177.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/16088/204e26a514ab7b24/18944166/07f9e16fbca434d2Today’s food is grown in nutrient-poor soil, which means it is very difficult for your body to get the daily minerals it needs. https://im177.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/16090/407605281505e4ac/18944166/07f9e16fbca434d2 provides a simple solution to common yet dangerous mineral deficiency — easily absorbed liquid minerals charged with electrolytes.

Are you getting the minerals you need to thrive?

Fulvic Acid: The Great Rejuvenator

Fulvic acid comes from ancient humic substances within the soil—rich, dark soil elements that are filled with microorganisms and generations of vegetation that have slowly decayed over time.

The Ayurvedic remedy known as shilajit is a mineral resin that shows up around mountain ranges, like the Himalayas. Ranging from a flowing liquid to a brittle solid, purified shilajit contains 50–60 percent fulvic acid.3

While shilajit has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, recent studies show that the active components of shilajit—notably those found in fulvic acid—are responsible for a wide scope of health benefits.4,5

These include:

• A radical boost in physical energy and muscular endurance
  • A noticeable reduction in “bad” cholesterol and triglycerides
  • Enhanced virility in men and healthier sperm
  • An increase in antioxidants
  • A decrease in signs of painful inflammation
  • Protection against stomach ulcers
Fulvic acid contains strings of mineral ions—electrolytes—that have a low molecular weight. This makes them quick to absorb and easy to use.

With fulvic acid minerals, you sleep better, and you feel happier.

In addition to its restorative benefits, fulvic acid also fights infection. Recent research on gingivitis and oral health has revealed that a mouthwash containing fulvic acid can limit the growth of disease-causing bacteria.6

WHAT TO REMEMBER MOST ABOUT THIS ARTICLE:

Minerals support every mechanism in your body, but there’s a common problem we all face. Your body may have “hidden hunger,” which simply means it is hungry for missing minerals because our soil has been depleted of essential micronutrients. It’s common to have iodine, iron, and even zinc mineral deficiencies — but the truth is that your body requires a full spectrum of minerals to function at its best each day.

This is where fulvic acid comes in, derived from ancient humic substances deep within the earth. Found in an ancient Ayurvedic mineral remedy called shilajit, fulvic acid may provide a wide spectrum of health benefits that include increased energy and muscular endurance, a reduction in “bad” cholesterol, a boost in antioxidants, and decreased signs of pain and inflammation.

To receive all these benefits and more, it comes down to the right delivery system. https://im177.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/16096/9cd93ca3c8943e16/18944166/07f9e16fbca434d2 has been formulated to provide these essential minerals in a way that your body can best absorb them. Our new liquid minerals, charged with electrolytes, come in a form that your body can use right away — to heal from within and improve sleep, increase energy, and even ease anxiety.

Sidereal

For what it's worth (probably nothing given that it's only a rat model of CFS):

Shilajit attenuates behavioral symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome by modulating the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and mitochondrial bioenergetics in rats.
Surapaneni DK, et al. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012.

Authors
Surapaneni DK1, Adapa SR, Preeti K, Teja GR, Veeraragavan M, Krishnamurthy S.
Author information
  • 1Neurotherapeutics Lab, Department of Pharmaceutics, Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi 221005 U.P., India.
Citation
J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Aug 30;143(1):91-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2012.06.002. Epub 2012 Jul 6.

Abstract
ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: Shilajit has been used as a rejuvenator for ages in Indian ancient traditional medicine and has been validated for a number of pharmacological activities.

AIM OF THE STUDY: The effect of processed shilajit which was standardized to dibenzo-α-pyrones (DBPs;0.43% w/w), DBP-chromoproteins (DCPs; 20.45% w/w) and fulvic acids (56.75% w/w) was evaluated in a rat model of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). The mitochondrial bioenergetics and the activity of hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis were evaluated for the plausible mechanism of action of shilajit.

MATERIALS AND METHODS: CFS was induced by forcing the rats to swim for 15mins for 21 consecutive days. The rats were treated with shilajit (25, 50 and 100mg/kg) for 21 days before exposure to stress procedure. The behavioral consequence of CFS was measured in terms of immobility and the climbing period. The post-CFS anxiety level was assessed by elevated plus maze (EPM) test. Plasma corticosterone and adrenal gland weight were estimated as indices of HPA axis activity. Analysis of mitochondrial complex chain enzymes (Complex I, II, IV and V) and mitochondrial membrane potential (MMP) in prefrontal cortex (PFC) were performed to evaluate the mitochondrial bioenergetics and integrity respectively.

RESULTS: Shilajit reversed the CFS-induced increase in immobility period and decrease in climbing behavior as well as attenuated anxiety in the EPM test. Shilajit reversed CFS-induced decrease in plasma corticosterone level and loss of adrenal gland weight indicating modulation of HPA axis. Shilajit prevented CFS-induced mitochondrial dysfunction by stabilizing the complex enzyme activities and the loss of MMP. Shilajit reversed CFS-induced mitochondrial oxidative stress in terms of NO concentration and, LPO, SOD and catalase activities.

CONCLUSION: The results indicate that shilajit mitigates the effects of CFS in this model possibly through the modulation of HPA axis and preservation of mitochondrial function and integrity. The reversal of CFS-induced behavioral symptoms and mitochondrial bioenergetics by shilajit indicates mitochondria as a potential target for treatment of CFS.

Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. All rights reserved.
PMID
22771318 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I am chelating heavy metals using cutler's dosing method, DMSA + ALA. It works, too well actually that I had hot sweats and pain on the 2nd night and 3rd night. Initially believed it was because of adding VSL/probiotics but it wasn't.

Even though it works, I want to try something that doesn't interfere with my sleep cycles. And increase chelating since I have others issues (mito. dysfunction, neurons/brain, methylation, heavy metals in oxalates deposits) that I believe heavy metals/toxins interferes with.

I am unsure like most here of which zeolite brand to use. or whether to try Modified citrus pectin.

Last edited:

brenda

I am wary of using the liquid. Apparently it was tested and has little of the zeolite in it. All of the trials were done on the powder but the liquid companies which are often MLM are using those trials in their marketing, yet the structure of the zeolite has to be broken down to make it small enough to be suspended so it is a different product. I bought some powder a few years ago from a company that provides an analysis to say it is low in lead and mercury so l decided to try it out again.

ah, thanks for clearing that up about its potency, trials and MLM. MLM :-/
http://www.waiora.com/join/

Please ignore my post everyone. careless, sorry about that. Was briefly looking before breaskfast.

brenda,
Which brand did you end up choosing?

Thomas

I know this is a thread about zeolite but I've found more success and easier tolerability with a good quality activated charcoal. I use the Bulletproof brand as it is made from coconut shells and has a larger surface area coverage. It's more expensive than the average brand but it's worth it in my opinion. It also works great as a tooth cleanser. It's as good of a binder for mycotoxins as zeolite and is way safer.

I'm assuming this is KDM who is suggesting the zeolite. He's almost all Lyme style treatment these days. Zeolite today, far infrared saunas and foot baths tomorrow ;)

But seriously, you may want to ask if charcoal will be an appropriate substitute.

brenda

@Peace

It is from Holistic Valley.co.uk but is in an unmarked container. I asked them where they bought it from and they said they would email me when they had that info but I have not heard back.

Lotus97

In the past, some people have said bentonite clay is safer than zeolite, but I'm wondering how much of this is conjecture and how much has actually been backed up by hard evidence. I tend to be just as wary of alternative healing as I am of mainstream medicine.

Daffodil

it seems that several brands of zeolite have been discontinued. most stores dont carry it or stopped carrying it. maybe not a good sign lol

i am still very anxious to take it because this severe brain fog has already stolen 23 years of my life. it won't go away and sometimes seems to be getting worse even though my energy is better. this was my worst fear when i began treatment because my brain was always severely affected from day 1 and its that hardest symptom to deal with, treatment wise

i dont think i will be taking it for metals...i think its for ammonia in my case....but not sure
xo

Daffodil

I am wary of using the liquid. Apparently it was tested and has little of the zeolite in it. All of the trials were done on the powder but the liquid companies which are often MLM are using those trials in their marketing, yet the structure of the zeolite has to be broken down to make it small enough to be suspended so it is a different product. I bought some powder a few years ago from a company that provides an analysis to say it is low in lead and mercury so l decided to try it out again.
yes one was recalled in canada due to lead and arsenic levels....100% pure zeolite i think? but its still on the market so maybe they fixed it?