• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What a year! Who do you want to thank? The Unofficial 2015 ME/CFS patient awards for...

mango

I'd like to give the 2015 Outstanding Patient Advocacy Award to our Swedish superheroes @Anne and @Ninan and PZ .¸¸.•*¨*•★

Always going above and beyond, ceaselessly working their magic »behind the curtains« and always directing the spotlight of attention on ME/CFS and the tasks at hand (never towards themselves).

Needham Massechusetts CFIDS Foundation for their print newsletter and CFS research. They haven't had any new discoveries or revelations this year but their newsletter always keeps me going.

This year they started funded research to look at the connection between radiation, cancer and M.E. and any treatment. I hope they learn something from that.

Award for Most Important Campaigning few others understood all the details of: Suzy Chapman @ DX Revision Watch.

She's just announced retiring, and that's sad news for all patients. Hopefully others will be able to build on her work, and if things go too badly wrong without er, we'll be able to coax her back again.

Final post on Dx Revision Watch
This is the final report I shall be publishing on Dx Revision Watch. At the end of the year, after 13+ years, I am retiring from advocacy. I shall cease reporting on the ICD-10 revision process and development of the ICD-11 Beta draft, in general, and with specific reference to the ICD-10 G93.3 legacy categories. This site will remain online for its archived content for several years.

http://dxrevisionwatch.com/2015/12/28/changes-to-snomed-ct-and-read-codes-ctv3-for-cfs-me-and-pvfs/

leela

Tom Kindlon

Nominations are now open for 5th annual Wego Health health activist awards

[This is a free way to acknowledge work of other ME/CFS groups & individuals. I plan to nominate several as I have done previously]

WEGO Health

Did you hear the GREAT news? NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!

It's that time of the year again- time to celebrate the men and woman making a difference in the online health community! Start nominating your favorite leaders today! ‪#‎HAAwards

http://hubs.ly/H03NZqz0