• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Increased Vascularity During Crashes?

bthompsonjr1993

Does anyone else experience a pronounced increase in vascularity when they crash? For me, right before a crash hits me my forearms become extremely vascular, and stay that way until the crash fades. Does anyone experience anything similar to this? Or have any theories as to why this might happen? Here is a pic of my arm that I took during my last crash, I had been on my couch all day, and my crash hit, and my arms did their normal thing, looking like this...

Attachments

• CFS Crash Veins.jpg
    CFS Crash Veins.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 25

bthompsonjr1993

Same here. Vasodilation -> OI -> crash.
Sometimes the vasodilation in my hands and feet get very painful. The only way to lessen it is too put the airconditioning freezing cold and lie down.
Yeah, freezing cold and lay down is the only way that I can help it also. Well, at least it is the only way that I can keep it from worsening. Heat definitely makes it much worse.

ryan31337

Interesting. Some days when taking my BP my veins are bulging, other days not at all, with seemingly no correlation to BP. Will have to note how I'm feeling in future too.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Same here. Vasodilation -> OI -> crash.
Sometimes the vasodilation in my hands and feet get very painful. The only way to lessen it is too put the airconditioning freezing cold and lie down.
When it's a serious crash I do this plus drink something chilled. Somehow getting chilled from the inside and outside at the same time is helpful. I keep a pitcher of water or electrolyte mix in the fridge.