• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immune System Conserves Energy By Altering Metabolism

A.B.

Skippa

Anti-BS
This I think will turn out to be a big part of how ME gets its "hold" over you. Maybe.

Something gets detected, perhaps even false positives, and "metabolism mode" gets turned on even though there isn't an imminent threat.

Gemini

This is a really really old idea, I first ran into it maybe in the 90s. Its nice to see more of the mechanisms being worked out though.

Along those lines, AAAS hosted a one-hour webinar April 27, 2016 titled "Metabolic Regulation of Immunity" covering new insights in the field some of which Dr. Ron Davis' recent research may be touching upon.

wastwater

I wonder if is relevant for ASD too,I saw there was an unexpected link to cancer genetics in ASD

Last edited: