• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Career Suggestions?

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 22 year old female who has been living with ME/CFS for 12 years now. I've somehow managed to graduate college this past May with a degree in advertising. However, my illness has gotten a bit worse throughout my college years, leaving me feeling like I won't be able to keep up with a full-time job in advertising as the pace is often grueling with many long hours and late nights. Has anyone found a good entry level job that they've been able to hold down with this illness? I've been job searching online for the past few days but am having a hard time finding something that I think may be a good fit. ME/CFS certainly forces you to adjust your lifestyle but I'm hoping I'll be able to work in some capacity.

Any job suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Stay strong,
Denise

Good suggestion! I'll have to be on the lookout for social media positions. They would be a good work from home option.

Thanks!

Skippa

Anti-BS
If you're gonna do that, there are many SMEs that need social media managers/social marketing strategists but they either don't "get it" or can't justify a full time payroll for it yet.

So you could freelance/self employ this for yourself.

However, if you're gonna start a business you'd need to figure out whether you can keep it up with CFS/ME - there's no room for letting customers down here... although I guess the same could be said for any employers.