• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

post-lyme treatment with KDM

sorin

Hi @Marc_NL and @dadouv47, @Theodore
Just wanted to make sure that I understood correctly the Samento/Banderol protocol given by KDM in the instructions in the medical report
ad5ae67c87.jpg

Does this mean (is equivalent) the following?

DAYS 1:12 (12 days) - Samento 1drop x 3times per day
DAYS 13,14 nothing
DAYS 15:24 (10 days) - Banderol 1 drop x 3times per day

DAYS 25:36 - Samento 2 drops x 3 times per day
DAYS 37,38 nothing
DAYS 39:48 - Banderol 2 drops x 3times per day

DAYS 49: 60 - Samento 3 drops x 3 times per day
DAYS 61,62 nothing
DAYS 63:72 - Banderol 3 drops x 3times per day
..... and so on until

reach the dose of 10 drops x 3 times per day for both Samento and Banderol

Is this also what you understood from the instruction or did I misinterpret that?

Thanks

Last edited:

dadouv47

I actually don't know. Kind of lost with this right now. Many of us have different protocols, and I don't know if its on purpose or because of difference in language ( I have french version, someone else a different one in Dutch).

For me it's like you said '' DAYS 1:12 (12 days) - Samento 1drop x 3times per day
DAYS 13,14 nothing
DAYS 15:24 (10 days) - Banderol 1 drop x 3times per day''

But I'm not sure anymore :confused:

sorin

I actually don't know. Kind of lost with this right now. Many of us have different protocols, and I don't know if its on purpose or because of difference in language ( I have french version, someone else a different one in Dutch).

For me it's like you said '' DAYS 1:12 (12 days) - Samento 1drop x 3times per day
DAYS 13,14 nothing
DAYS 15:24 (10 days) - Banderol 1 drop x 3times per day''

But I'm not sure anymore :confused:

I have put a snapshot image of the instructions in English just witin the question above, so you can compare the original English version I have with your French one.

dadouv47

I know I just showed that. But I really don't know what answer is correct. Translation problems between the versions? Different protocols for each individual? KDM changing his older protocol to a new one? I don't know :grumpy:
Your english version is old or u just received it?
I'm really lost right now on this one...

Marc_NL

Hi @Marc_NL and @dadouv47, @Theodore
Does this mean (is equivalent) the following?

You need to finish the build up fases first for both Samento and Banderol (both 10 weeks):
  1. Start with 3 times per day 1 drop Samento
  2. increase each week with one drop
  3. after 10 weeks you will be taking 3 times per day 10 drops Samento (for some people this may take longer)
  4. Stop the Samento and build up the Banderol in the same way (10 weeks or longer)
  5. Samento full dose 3 times per day 10 drops for 12 days
  6. Stop for 2 days
  7. Banderol full dose 3 times per day 10 drops for 10 days
  8. Repeat 5. 6. and 7. during 8-12 months
Instead of 3 times per day 10 drops you may also take 2 times per day 15 drops.
Some people may not reach the full dose.

Last edited:

sorin

You need to finish the build up fases first for both Samento and Banderol (both 10 weeks):
  3. after 10 weeks you will be taking 3 times per day 10 drops Samento (for some people this may take longer)
  4. Stop the Samento and build up the Banderol in the same way (10 weeks or longer)
  6. Stop for 2 days
Thank you very much, this makes it clear how to take it. I have also to take Cumanda, which I suppose I have to take it in parallel

sorin

6. Stop for 2 days
After step 7, is there a stop/break until the end of the month? A stop for 6 days? Because step5,6,7 takes totally 24 days. What happens with the rest of 6 days of the month? Thank you in advance

dadouv47

After step 7, is there a stop/break until the end of the month? A stop for 6 days? Because step5,6,7 takes totally 24 days. What happens with the rest of 6 days of the month? Thank you in advance

I'm still at step 3 :( but step 5,6 and 7 takes 26 days and not 24 ( 2 days break between samento and cumanda). So it's the same after step 7 : 2 days break and then samento again etc etc etc....( only 2 days break every 12 days for the rest of the protocol )

Marc_NL

I'm still at step 3 :( but step 5,6 and 7 takes 26 days and not 24 ( 2 days break between samento and cumanda). So it's the same after step 7 : 2 days break and then samento again etc etc etc....( only 2 days break every 12 days for the rest of the protocol )

I'm in week 8 of step 2 now and stuck at 3 x 2 drops Samento and 2 x 5 drops Cumanda.

Steps 5, 6 and 7 do take 24 days (12+2+10).

There is no break after step 7, continue with the Samento the next day.
Forget about the month cycle, there is a 24 day cycle ;)

sorin

I ended with the first phase of Samento, did 10x3 times, now I am at step 4. Since I managed to get to 10x3 Samento without being very bad (more neutral reaction than being very bad), I guess I do not have Lyme, since I tolerate Samento without problems (almost like water?!?) ! From posts I have read on this site looks like people having indeed Lyme have big problems in going up to 10x3...?!? So probably I have something else but not Lyme, even my Elispot done at Armin Labs shows very high positive for Lyme!

sarah darwins

Since I managed to get to 10x3 Samento without being very bad (more neutral reaction than being very bad), I guess I do not have Lyme, since I tolerate Samento without problems (almost like water?!?) ! From posts I have read on this site looks like people having indeed Lyme have big problems in going up to 10x3...?!? So probably I have something else but not Lyme, even my Elispot done at Armin Labs shows very high positive for Lyme!

I would say you're drawing a big conclusion from very little evidence. Stephen Buhner writes about samento (cat's claw) as a useful adjunct for treating lyme but not a primary line of treatment. He cites evidence suggesting that samento's primary mechanism is in raising CD57+ white cell counts. If yours was not especially low to start with, samento may make little difference to you.

Daffodil

@sorin when I first starting seeing doctors for my illness 10 years ago, one tried hard to rule out lyme even though all tests at that time were negative. we did a trial of Doxycycline. I guess the doc thought if I reacted with a herx, it would mean possible lyme....but nothing happened. no herx, no improvement, no nothing. ....but now, 10 yrs later, I have responded to Lyme treatment. go figure.

sorin

@sorin when I first starting seeing doctors for my illness 10 years ago, one tried hard to rule out lyme even though all tests at that time were negative. we did a trial of Doxycycline. I guess the doc thought if I reacted with a herx, it would mean possible lyme....but nothing happened. no herx, no improvement, no nothing. ....but now, 10 yrs later, I have responded to Lyme treatment. go figure.
This is interesting. What happened in the meanwhile, I mean in the 10 years period? Did you take any antibiotics during this period?

Daffodil

@sorin no....well not until 4 years ago when I started Lyme / gut treatment.

Before that, I was taking all kinds of high dose antivirals

When I did try Doxycycline at that time, I could not tolerate it due to diarrhea. So we switched to Minocycline (and now, Lymecycline). I think I must have herxed on it....I cannot remember much thesedays