• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

#MillionsMissing Round-Up: Three More Days!

Yogi

So much going on recently but just wanted to thank everyone at #MEAction for organising this MillionsMissing protest. It is a great innovative campaign with great branding and catchy hashtag.

I have sent my shoes to the Washington DC and London protest and now I got the t-shirt too.

millionsmissing_2016_mens_t_shirt-r66f4007fd08a40dc9a1ebe73ec904095_jg3ea_324.jpg

Check out the rest of the MEAction collection to support #MEAction!
http://www.zazzle.com/meaction+gifts

Best of luck with all the protests around the world.!:thumbsup:

Anyone not on twitter can follow here:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=#MillionsMissing&src=tyah

AndyPR

Order the #MillionsMissing Tee Shirt:

W
e've designed a tee to go along with the protest! Whether or not you are attending, you can purchase one at our Zazzle store.

If you've been holding off because Zazzle is pricy:

• If you know that your organization would like to purchase a few shirts, you can get a significant discount... or just go in with friends.
Hi Jaime, any chance of offering the tee shirts through Zazzle.co.uk? I'm hoping that it's as simple as allowing the design to be sold in the UK but perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic there.

JaimeS

Does anybody know how many pair of shoes were put in each place?

Here are some numbers, from cities who reported it at our debrief:

25ppl protested in Atlanta

Canada
had over 500 ppl between 11-12pm Pacific Time, a 1 hour ‘chanting by email’ to various members of Parliament. There were at least 10,000 emails sent in total.

There were 25-35 people protesting in London. Images show at least 100 pairs of shoes, but I'm estimating wildly.

D.C.
had about 40 ppl. and about 300 pairs of shoes.

San Francisco
has about 120 ppl.

Melbourne
had 250 pairs of shoes, and about 50 protestors.

Dallas
had about 15 protestors.

There were other protests; but I'm only listing those who gave us numbers.

J

AndyPR

Here are some numbers, from cities who reported it at our debrief:

25ppl protested in Atlanta

Canada
had over 500 ppl between 11-12pm Pacific Time, a 1 hour ‘chanting by email’ to various members of Parliament. There were at least 10,000 emails sent in total.

There were 25-35 people protesting in London. Images show at least 100 pairs of shoes, but I'm estimating wildly.

D.C.
had about 40 ppl. and about 300 pairs of shoes.

San Francisco
has about 120 ppl.

Melbourne
had 250 pairs of shoes, and about 50 protestors.

Dallas
had about 15 protestors.

There were other protests; but I'm only listing those who gave us numbers.

J
London was reported as 350 pairs of shoes sent to the organisers, not sure how many were actually displayed but I would guess easily 250 - I can count 80 in one 'block' of shoes in one of my photos and there was 3 'blocks' of shoes on display.

Details here https://www.facebook.com/events/757788274323314/permalink/767068986728576/

JaimeS

London was reported as 350 pairs of shoes sent to the organisers, not sure how many were actually displayed but I would guess easily 250 - I can count 80 in one 'block' of shoes in one of my photos and there was 3 'blocks' of shoes on display.

Details here https://www.facebook.com/events/757788274323314/permalink/767068986728576/

Thank you, Andy! I didn't get concrete numbers from them, and I remember D.C. laughing and saying "count them in the pictures!" about their own protest at one point. ;)

-J

panckage

Canada... at least 10,000 emails sent in total.
Have we been able to check the recipients actually received all these? I'm just thinking that 10,000 identical or near identical emails received within an hour maybe detected as spam and then automatically moved to the spam folder

shannah

Canada

J

There were between 50 and 60 signed up to attend the event on FB. Where did the other 400 plus people come from?

shannah

Canada

J

The event page on FB says 500 emails (not people) were sent. That would be 10,000 messages not emails. People were encouraged to send as many emails as they could in the one hour period.

Getting 500 people to participate would have been wonderful. Perhaps it's a goal for next time.