• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Undetectable Infection

joe12

Hey Knackers,

Yup, protein is one of the problems .... you see me mention Protease throughout this thread, that is a protein ....... The proteins enter the system via the gut in an undigested form because I believe we do not produce the right enzymes to break proteins down effectively ..... therefore proteins are acting like a poison .....

Bromelain supplements are the helper for that .... Or take a protelytic enzyme supplement ...

Since I added these supplements ..... I have practically no CFS symptoms anymore and I now eat a normal diet ... fried foods, take-aways, bread, milk .... nothing is a problem anymore ......
Got the PRO-dental and it had some kind of effect, not sure if its good yet thou, still get white tongue but feel like am getting less tartar on my teeth. I was told that if the bacteria mentioned are contained in the product, that it should produce fermentation when mixed with milk, so I took two glasses of milk and threw a pill into one of them and so far, after 12 hours, no difference is seen.

knackers323

Also @knackers323 as my geneva testing registered low lactobicillus, l saw this as the potential cause and used "wild" kefir grains direct.

IMO If stool tests are to be any guide at all, then we needed have tested our stools several times prior to our illnes to have any perspective in determining what new microbe, if at all detectable, or bacteria increase/decrease might be causing cfs.

Why was l low on lacto? Was l like this prior to crashin? Did a pathogen wipe them out when l got sick?

A year of strict diet protocol similar to @Elph68 and l'm 80/90% better. I can work, drive a distance and strenuously play with my son.

Still havesome neurological issues and intermittent brain fog if l deviate into the "forbidden" section of my diet.

The prostatitis and colon pain l'm yet to beat. I need to somehow eradicate the biofilm/potential calcification the pathogens produce to effectively kill them. If l were to go off my protocol l reckon the plaktonic bacteria released from my site of infection would take up residence elsewhere and potentially relapse.

Cheers

hi mate you don't know what page the diet is mentioned on do you?

there was a story in the newspaper a week or so ago about phage therapy being trialled in Australia. pretty sure it was Melbourne.

Hey knackers
Greg Elph and my diet protocols within pages 31-33.

Thanks, will look into Melbourne phage. Hope they can do some comprehensive lab work.

Elph68

Jees amazing elph
Hows the tongue looking.these days.
Do you still take all the oregano oil etc.
Can you work out as normal now?
Cheers.
Hi Greg,

I lead a normal life, I eat a regular diet, I just don't have the stamina I used to. Everything is getting back to normal.

This weekend I spent all day saturday on the water, I ate chips and shapes, I drank cans of CC and Dry, had a barbecue, drank milkshakes, ate chocolate, drank cappuccino's ate bakery products, fruit, chocolate, drove for over 2 hours to my GF and the came back Sunday .... Got up this morning at 7:00am and went to work.

I do take my supplements without fail. My tongue has bouts of getting messy but using a strong mouth wash and Blis probiotic has helped a lot. the geographic tongue is less frequent and is gone in a couple of days ...

I am active and feel healthy.

I have had no relapse now for over 6 months ..... :)

Elph68

Hey @Elph68,

So glad to hear your back to 100%. I'm about to start a month long course of Ampicillin + Erythromycin in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

Noelle
Hi Noella,

make sure that if you are doing ABX, you put good bugs back.

Soil Based Organisms, kefir colon flushes, blis k12 probiotic for the mouth, yakult. Digestive enzymes to help break down the food.

It is likely you will have a relapse after abx if you don't and it may be worse ....

Cheers.

Last edited:

Elph68

hi mate you don't know what page the diet is mentioned on do you?

there was a story in the newspaper a week or so ago about phage therapy being trialled in Australia. pretty sure it was Melbourne.
Hey Knackers,

looking at your bioscreen result, you are likely to be another subgroup ..... I reckon Lipopolysaccharides are your major problem and that requires a slightly different approach.

You may find this article helpful on a possible treatment for this problem.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22628265/

It seems you may have a problem with LBP which is how your body deals with LPS.

I will PM you with what I have worked out about this particular sub group.

Cheers.

gregh286

Yea...something not.in balance.
Its been hypothesised a few times that that PWME are low in bifidobacterium.
Check out logan et al from 2003.
Additionally some.low grade tests conclude bifido improve gut permeability.
Coincidentally i have low bifido and leaky gut.
Garden of.life have a 100Billion cell SBO probiotic with live kefir....out around a year ago. Looks pretty good.

Lipkins work is invaluable in this regard.

Last edited:

Elph68

Yea...something not.in balance.
Its been hypothesised a few times that that PWME are low in bifidobacterium.
Check out logan et al from 2003.
Additionally some.low grade tests conclude bifido improve gut permeability.
Coincidentally i have low bifido and leaky gut.
Garden of.life have a 100Billion cell SBO probiotic with live kefir....out around a year ago. Looks pretty good.

Lipkins work is invaluable in this regard.
Griffin University here in Queensland is using this approach in their research.

I still believe ABX and FMT is currently the best method ...

I reckon though that selective phage therapy and FMT is the future. Unless they work out how to grow colonizing bacteria commercially.

Long way to go for the medical profession to catch up though ....

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I agree eat a bit of everything but all in moderation . diets can be a bad thing cause you maybe not eating something that your body really needs .But i know for a fact that where i live the food doesnt have enough selenium in the ground , which is one of the reasons why there is a high level of cancer .i think it was the japanese that did a study on this . any way time for bed night all

Bromelain supplements are the helper for that .... Or take a protelytic enzyme supplement ...

Since I added these supplements ..... I have practically no CFS symptoms anymore and I now eat a normal diet ... fried foods, take-aways, bread, milk .... nothing is a problem anymore ......[/QUOTE]

How do you dose these? With all meals?

MeSci

I agree eat a bit of everything but all in moderation . diets can be a bad thing cause you maybe not eating something that your body really needs .But i know for a fact that where i live the food doesnt have enough selenium in the ground , which is one of the reasons why there is a high level of cancer .i think it was the japanese that did a study on this . any way time for bed night all
This chart lists foods in order of selenium content.

Elph68

For anybody who is interested, I am so close to 100% and I have not had any of the classic symptoms for over 6 months .... I still have geo tongue, hard swollen glands in my neck and sore eyes prostate etc. but my health and strength is pretty much back to normal otherwise. I am back doing heavy weights in the gym and have been all this year ... I was getting some severe muscle cramps but since I have cut out the bicarb they have gone away.

I have a totally normal but healthy diet, I just maintain the supplements .... I am still lacking a bit in stamina and my cardio fitness is quite low, but these are all improving.

I still have some treatment options I am going to pursue to get these guys out of my system, but I believe now I have tipped the balance back in favour of the good guys and now my body is recovering.

MeSci

For anybody who is interested, I am so close to 100% and I have not had any of the classic symptoms for over 6 months .... I still have geo tongue, hard swollen glands in my neck and sore eyes prostate etc. but my health and strength is pretty much back to normal otherwise. I am back doing heavy weights in the gym and have been all this year ... I was getting some severe muscle cramps but since I have cut out the bicarb they have gone away.

I have a totally normal but healthy diet, I just maintain the supplements .... I am still lacking a bit in stamina and my cardio fitness is quite low, but these are all improving.

I still have some treatment options I am going to pursue to get these guys out of my system, but I believe now I have tipped the balance back in favour of the good guys and now my body is recovering.
What symptoms have you lost? The swollen neck glands suggest that there may still be active (auto)immune reactions going on.

The selenium in the foods are low because their are low levels in the ground , but i have a supplement. . on another comment on here good to hear Elph68 is feeling a little better ,if you dont want a relapse stay away from those boys trip to Asian countries