• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Still doing great since Rituxan !

bthompsonjr1993

@bctjr1993 - Thank you for your kind wishes ! My first dose of RTX was given on Feb 23 ,2015.

On April 30,2015 I began to feel some little improvements.

By May 7, 2015 I really felt a relief in my joint pain, fatigue and brain fog. In June and July of this year I felt even way more improvements, the brain fog and fatigue is much much better and I especially noticed I have less burning in my feet and my ability to have a decent blood pressure has improved. (I am on less medications ) !

I don't have notes all over the house to remind me of things anymore, I am actually doing my own cleaning and organizing, my poor cleaning lady is out of a job !

I still struggle with being able to do several things in one day without feeling drained. I compare myself with my peers that are my age or are a bit older and I see they can do more without feeling wiped out. So I am not perfect but I am not bedridden as I was so you see any tiny improvement for me is pretty huge.

Like getting dressed everyday and fixing my hair, doing make up and having the desire put on my earrings are all very big markers of improvements for me. I don't think I got dressed in real jeans or put on earrings for years and now I am doing those things. I used to get dressed up for photo's when my family came to visit and I would be so wiped out from doing that I would have to go back to bed after the photo.

This year when my family came and we did photo's I was laughing and had lots of energy! (See attached photo, my brother said he was fat and I had to show he wasn't. ;) My siblings come every year and this was the first year in a very long time I actually had fun !

Of course I wonder how long will this last, when do I get a maintenance dose and will it work again. I wonder will I have bad side effects down the road, but I am just taking each day as it comes.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Montoya, that is awesome you got to see him and thanks to you I am even more committed to contacting him. ( putting something together this week. )

I am so happy for you! You look great in that photo, that is awesome to see. Thank you for your reply, I wish you continued good health!

Gingergrrl

This year when my family came and we did photo's I was laughing and had lots of energy! (See attached photo, my brother said he was fat and I had to show he wasn't. ;) My siblings come every year and this was the first year in a very long time I actually had fun !

@Rebecca2z Beautiful picture, Rebecca, and thank you for sharing it. You look so happy and radiant!

Rebecca2z

Paradise, Ca
Last week I went to the coast, I was able to walk the beach everyday and go to dinner in the evenings, just like a normal human being ! See photo's !

Attachments

• beach 2.jpg
    beach 2.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 25
  • beach 3.jpg
    beach 3.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 25
  • beach 4.jpg
    beach 4.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 24

Rebecca2z

Paradise, Ca
I am so sorry Sally, I often feel terrible posting on how I am doing, I make a very conscious effort to tone down my enthusiasm, I don't want to add to anyone's misery.
I am hoping you have a better day tomorrow.
Healing Hugs,
Rebecca

Gingergrrl

I often feel terrible posting on how I am doing, I make a very conscious effort to tone down my enthusiasm, I don't want to add to anyone's misery.

Please don't and it helps me to hear that someone who suffered as much as you did for 30 years is now doing so much better. You deserve it and have nothing to feel guilty about. My situation is different than yours but if I do improve and can walk on the beach without a wheelchair, I will post a picture, too, and know you will be happy for me! Your recovery is hard earned and well deserved.

Rebecca2z

Paradise, Ca
@daisybell - thank you for being supportive and it is a relief to know I am not adding to anyone suffering for that is so opposite of what I would want.

This is such a bittersweet situation to be in, I am thrilled beyond words to be among the living again but I hate knowing there are others living the way I used too.