• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Endotheliitis

Gingergrrl

@wastwater

Can you explain for non science people how this relates to ME/CFS? Is this the same as endothelial or vascular dysfunction? Thanks!

anciendaze

Without being an expert all I can tell you is that the suffix -itis means inflammation. Endothelial dysfunction is a change in the way the tissue responds by dilating or contracting. It is perfectly normal for such changes to take place as conditions change, but dysfunction means the changes are inappropriate. Despite the tiny size of capillaries where you find most endothelial tissue this has real dangers because it affects vital activities like regulation of blood pressure and the supply of oxygenated blood to tissues. It also has consequences for the ability of immune cells to reach infected tissues, though this is generally a secondary concern.

wastwater

I'm not really any good at science,think I'm just word matching really,so wont be able to explain much,I was hoping it might mean something to someone so I posted it,the words that caught my attention were type 2 interferon and cAMP.Cytomegalovirus and cornea

Last edited:

Seanko

There was an article on Simmaron Research earlier in the year where Dr Fluge discusses how Rituximab may work and its possible knock on effect for the Vascular system and oxygen supply.

The work of Julia Newton in this area is also mentioned.

Dr Fluge talks to Cort Johnson