• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Experience With Dr. Kaufman at the Open Medicine Institute

Billt

And how's your son doing? gonna check your later posts, cause its been a while since I don't get here.
And I didn't start the neomycin yet so can't be it heheh :p
But I perhaps it's the hard travelling, I'll rest for a few days and see how things turn out.[/QUOTE]
Yes I know there's more than one mutation but I don't understand at all about it. It meant enough for him to say I need to take B12 and folate.

The herpes I forgot to mention and I have to check again, I think it was 1 and 2. I know I was ok with HHV6.

His gut is feeling better since he got off the neomycin. But so far nothing else has improved. Has been 3 months since we saw Dr. K. So it is very slow going... Hope you feel better

Folk

@funkyqueen How are you doing now? I've read you gotta great results already, good luck... Let's hope the remaining ones make you even better.

Dr. Kaufman is the closest thing to Dr. House in the real world. He conducts tests no other doctor does. I just started my journey with him and am looking forward to progress. So far he hypothesized that the onset of my physical demise started during pregnancy when the immune system is compromised. From there, viruses and bacteria took hold and I haven't been well since. I'm currently being treated with antiviral meds while we wait from further infectious disease results. Dr. K is brilliant!

Folk

Dr. Kaufman is the closest thing to Dr. House in the real world. He conducts tests no other doctor does. I just started my journey with him and am looking forward to progress. So far he hypothesized that the onset of my physical demise started during pregnancy when the immune system is compromised. From there, viruses and bacteria took hold and I haven't been well since. I'm currently being treated with antiviral meds while we wait from further infectious disease results. Dr. K is brilliant!

Dr. House gave a glass of tic tacs pretending to be medicine for a patient who said was suffering with what he thought was CFS in the first episode :thumbdown:

L'engle

moogle
Anyone know if they offer a saline IV to make up for the lost blood? I'm concerned about how incapacitated I'll be after the blood draw.

Hi guys !! made it back to New Orleans after the trip last week. As all who have seen Dr Kaufman, I was impressed with all he did. My mind is slow too , so I am trying to go over all notes and we did use the recorder so that should help. Dr Kaufman was super nice and didn't offer false hope but thought since son was young and only had this for apx a year that he stood a good chance of being able to help. I can't thank evryone on here enough for helping and sharing. Without your input we may have never found OMI. Vasha, your systoms sound so close to his, got EBV at 23 and can't get over it. It was an exhausting trip for us but we made it. Lots and lots of bloodwork. SIBO positve, so maybe meds will start helping that right away. He did take Famvir before for 8 months and didn't help. He has tried Valtrex but not for long ( didn't agree with him ) so Dr is doubling the Famvir for now and go from there. Also going to start LDN. Dr spoke about what he was looking for in the blood test but I need to go to the recorder for that. Nk cells I believe is one, also recheck the EBV ( thinks it is still active ). All I can remember at the moment but will follow up as I find more. We do phone follow up for now in a few weeks, so we should know more then. Dr Kaufman really took his time with us and was extremely knowledgeable and super nice. Really seems to care. So we at least have a direction to start in, which no Dr here would do !! Praying this is the start of him getting better... Jeff, Ginger , Jess , SOC , Charlie1 , and others.....
I can't thank you guys enough for sharing all your journeys ,, as I will do. Be Well... Bill

PS I am sure I missed alot. I will fill in as I can, and if any has any questions,, just ask ..

@Billt so Dr. kaufman was ok with you recording the appointment? I called his office and asked Helen about recording the appointment and she said she had never had that request so she didn't have an answer for me.

Gingergrrl

@Billt so Dr. kaufman was ok with you recording the appointment? I called his office and asked Helen about recording the appointment and she said she had never had that request so she didn't have an answer for me.

Dr. Kaufman has not only let me record appts, he requested that I do so I can go back and listen to things that I may not remember. I recorded on my iPhone and it is definitely okay.