• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Man With HIV Is Caretaker of Partner With CFS

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
HuffPo has a story about a couple dealing with HIV and CFS here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-franky-dolan/voices-of-strength-franky-dolan_b_7867266.html .

Great quote:

"As a person living with HIV, watching the daily suffering of my partner who has chronic fatigue syndrome, I can tell you without hesitation, chronic fatigue syndrome is much worse than HIV. It's unfathomable that his disease is even named something as belittling and dismissive as chronic fatigue syndrome."

What I like about it is that it shows the severity and variability of the illness, thereby raising general awareness levels. It is also framed within the context of 2 people loving and caring for each other; coping and living with crappy diseases; and trying to do something meaningful with their lives.

They have created a website here: http://www.invisiblediseases.com/Home.html, haven't looked at it yet...

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
The authors posted this announcement earlier today:

We always encourage people to tell their stories, and now we are telling ours!
Huffington Post featured our story in Rita Wilson's ‪#‎VoicesOfStrength‬initiative! We were then exclusively invited to be official Huffington Post Bloggers! Get ready! We will be releasing articles of amazing people, hope, strength, art and love!! ...Please help us raise awareness and get the word out! We will be brave, honest, and take all of our fellow survivors and thrivers with us! Are you ready?! We are sooo excited, you guys!! Grateful to the moon!

The Rita Wilson connection is interesting. I wonder if she might take an interest in ME/CFS? I sure hope so.