• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

confused about tests for Lyme. Help please?

charles shepherd

@charles shepherd , if I get tested using the tests you highly advise, and I test negative, what does that tell me?

If I test positive using the types of tests you are highly advising, what do those positive tests tell me?

If I was tested positive using the HPA testing, and I had an illness that fitted the clinical picture of Lyme Disease, then I would be fairly confident that I had Lyme Disease

If I tested positive with a commercial test but negative with the HPA testing I would be seriously questioning the diagnosis before embarking on antibiotic treatment

duncan

Thank you for your response, but you did not answer either of my questions. I asked what the test results would tell you, not how they would leave you feeling.

Hint: See my reply to Valentijn.