• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Oz responds

barbc56

I found Dr. Oz's rebuttal unconvincing. It's a slick PR piece that uses the strawman fallacy to deflect any personal responsibility for his behavior. He seems to think pointing out the flaws of the letter writers, which may or may not be accurate, absolves him from any criticism.

A follow up poll with doctors who are affiliated with SERMO shows a high number of doctors who also think Oz should resign. This article has some interesting rebuttals and informational links. In fairness, other than a brief look at the organization, I know very little about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/04/27/at-least-1000-doctors-say-dr-oz-should-resign/

My personal opinion is that Oz needs to choose one or the other.

Barb

Well, if most of these doctors treat patients in conventional ways, are all for GMOS, then I can see why they would be against Dr Oz and all that he stands for. It's not surprising in the very least. :)

"In the letter sent to Columbia, doctors from around the country criticized Oz for his "disdain for science" and his "baseless" opposition to foods made from genetically modified organisms (GMO)."

Taken from here

Is that their main argument against him? baseless opposition to GMOS?

barbc56

Is that their main argument against him? baseless opposition to GMOS

No. There are lots of reasons doctors find him less than scientific and some of the things he promotes are dangerous, not the least being that people may delay getting treatment where time is of the essence. Some of these reasons are stated in the CNN article and there are countless sources that show why.

I don't see a need for further debate. I've stated my points and we can agree to disagree.

Barb