• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help me choose a protein powder brand

Hi everyone

At the moment I have tried 2 different glutamine brands, 1 of them showing positive results and the other brand giving side effects resulting in a lack of positive results.

I have done this test twice now with same results. Pretty clear I will never ever buy the glutamine brand giving side effects.

Question?

My question is now, can any of you recommend a protein powder for someone that is sensitive and that is free of undeclared ingredients, artificial colors or dyes, gluten etc etc.

Not sure if I should argument for brand that is used by the pros cause it's the best but rather a brand that is pure and of high quailty.

By the way does all protein powders contain some sort of milk protein or are there brands based on on other sorts ?

You know this might not work but I have to give it a shot.

Plus the market is flooded with so many protein powder brands I rather start here and ask before buying another brand making me worse.

Thanks for your time, hugs!

leela

I can't recommend a brand, but I can recommend always taking digestive enzymes with any protein powder.
It helps a lot, as those powders can disrupt the digestion.

I haven't tried any protein powders that don't contain milk, but of the ones that I have tried Axe Naturals Healing Protein is the best. Of course, it's rather expensive to use on a regular basis.

Dr.Patient

There is no kinship like the one we share!
I can't recommend a brand, but I can recommend always taking digestive enzymes with any protein powder.
It helps a lot, as those powders can disrupt the digestion.
What digestive enzymes do you take, thanks.