• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

sscobalt93

@JPV from my understanding talc powder cannot be called asbestos free because it still contains a very tiny amount .002% (not much, just clarifying) but what about the studies that show talc powder causing ovarian cancer?

I'm still going to use the product as I am already having better results in the bathroom department. I just want to keep it in mind. 18 tablets is a lot considering only 180mg of the C. Butyrate is in 18. Making it out to be 10mg per pill.

Also wasn't Japanese rice polished with talc and that was found to cause stomach cancer?

sscobalt93

Since taking this probiotic my stools have turned yellow and I have a slightly coated tongue. Any thoughts on this?

dannybex

I am thinking about stopping the PA i am having trouble breathing. I think it may have caused it. Althought it has eliminated all my food allergies so far I'm going to stop it am wait for the CB to get in

What types of food allergies did you have @sscobalt93? And how long did you take the PA before you started to notice a benefit?

dannybex

If you are worried about that, google the opinions online about how pathogenic Prescript Assist can be. Not that those opinions are necessarily right, but ...

Here's one (Again, not neccessarily reality, but he makes a compelling case)
http://fixyourgut.com/hso-probiotics-part-3-prescript-assist/

Note that the gentleman that runs that site is selling his own 'protocol', and almost all of the studies that suggest negative reactions to some of the strains were either in hospital settings (i.e., not from ingesting the organisms) or from inhaling them in certain settings.

Prescript-Assist has several studies that show benefits, including this year long followup:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0149291807001695

sscobalt93

What types of food allergies did you have @sscobalt93? And how long did you take the PA before you started to notice a benefit?
Im not sure if it was a techincal food allergy, but I would get very brain fogged after eating anything and so tired. After taking the prescript assist for 3 weeks almost all of that is gone. I am thinking about just dropping the C butyr for right now and take the prescript assist for 3 months by itself. It also changed my mood dramatically for the better. If you are not taking it I would recommend trying it. Although go slow. I did 1/2 a cap for 4 days then went to 1 cap for a week. Then went to 2 caps from there on. I did have some die off when I went to 2 caps a day. That was a slight headache and brainfog but that only lasted 3 days. It still gets better everyday. I should add it did constipate me for about 2 weeks. I had to do salt water flushes for about a week, but it all subsided.

I felt a dramatic affect about 3 days into it.

It also reduced my brainfog by about 80 percent. I am sure it will get better the longer I take it though

dannybex

Okay, thanks @sscobalt93. It doesn't sound like food allergies, but that's great that you got some benefits -- benefits which I could use as well. I've been taking 1/4-1/2 capsule, but only when I remember. WIll make sure to take it every day and slowly ramp up. Thanks again.

sscobalt93

Okay, thanks @sscobalt93. It doesn't sound like food allergies, but that's great that you got some benefits -- benefits which I could use as well. I've been taking 1/4-1/2 capsule, but only when I remember. WIll make sure to take it every day and slowly ramp up. Thanks again.

I highly recommend it. I would take 1/2 a cap at night time, do it for a week. Then 1 cap for a week then 2 caps. 1 in the morning and 1 at night. I think it was knocking out ammonia producing gut bacteria. My last stool test(which was last year) showed an overgrowth of klebsiella pneumonaie (sp?) which I understand is an ammonia producing bacteria.

Bdeep86

@Sidereal It lasted for about a week and a half. I tried many things to get stuff moving and unfortunately had to return to the tried and true laxative of beer. I try not to drink but wound up drinking a few times that week out of necessity. Seems to be ok right now. I would like to retry the supplement but it seems that i'm pretty similar to you and I don't want to go through that again. Have you seen anyone be able to restart at a lower dose and not have that happen?

Bdeep86

@sscobalt93 I had actually been on resistant starch for a couple weeks before this. I didn't notice much from it to be honest. After introducing the CB I really started to feel my immune system coming back on-line. I"m not sure I may not be a good candidate for RS

sscobalt93

@sscobalt93 I had actually been on resistant starch for a couple weeks before this. I didn't notice much from it to be honest. After introducing the CB I really started to feel my immune system coming back on-line. I"m not sure I may not be a good candidate for RS

I think I am going to add the CB later on down the line. Right now I am double dosing prescript assist. I am then going to add in S boulardii. After that I will add in the CB i think the CB is too strong for me right now.

I also found another SBO that a lot of people do not seem to know about. It's called Black Living Powder. There are a lot more CFU per dose in a bottle than in Prescript assist. There are only 5-6 strains though. B Subtilis is the main one though. That's on my list of things to try

The CB constipated me, the first day I thought I wouldn't stop going to the bathroom then it changed.

Does anyone know the relationship between C. Butyricum and GABA? I'm going to purchase C. Butyricum and want to supplement GABA, but wondering if C. Butyricum covers both?

Gondwanaland

I did find a paper, see this post, which suggests that there could be a link.
Unfortunately I could not understand what the relationship between GABA and butyrate is from reading that abstract.

Curiously I came here to suggest taking L-Glutamine for those constipated (if can tolerate it). Glu increases gut lubrication. 1g should be enough.