• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forget rituximab! The DWP can cure you at the Job Centre!

Countrygirl

Now this is terrific news!:bang-head::bang-head:

Forget the trials and expense of rituximab! The DWP, may their name be praised, have found a cure for ME. No more lounging about in bed feeling like death and too sick and weak to undertake basic care because your cure is in their hands..........or rather in the hands of the Welsh-based guru who will expose you to the Chrysalis Effect :rofl::whistle::D(well, it did take all of three days for him to learn the procedure). All you have to do is turn up to the Job Centre for your compulsory interview, talk to David and hey presto...you're off benefits and whistling your happy way to work. What is more we know it works because he has found someone to write a testimonial for him (see below). Isn't it wonderful! What is more if you can't find a job you too can take a three day course and learn how to apply the technique and become a ............'client magnet':cool:. Isn't the UK Tory government wonderful..........who would have thought it?

https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/dwp-hires-miracle-lifestyle-guru-who-claims-95-success-rate-in-curing-mental-health-conditions/

Fears that the psychological treatments to be introduced in Jobcentres will amount to little more than unscientific quackery look well founded with the appointment of a so-called stress and anxiety management company to provide service for claimants with a mental health condition.

Earlier in the month ITV reported that a company called Start Smiling Again would soon be working across several Jobcentres in South Wales. According to Minister for Murdering Disabled People, Justin Tomlinson, this is part of a package of support that shows that supporting people with a mental health condition is a priority for the current Government.

Start Smiling Again are run by David Rahman, who calls himself a Coach & Blueprint Therapist. It is unclear whether anyone else is currently involved in the company as their website contains no company information, landline phone number or address. Instead potential customers are invited to call Dave on his mobile.

David Rahman claims to be a bit of a miracle worker. Not only can he cure stress, depression and anxiety, but even ME, CFS and Fibromyalgia – all previously thought incurable by real doctors. According to Rahman 95% of his patients have made a full recovery based on his magical techniques. It’s all in the mind he seems to suggest, and as soon as you find the root cause of your anxiety, depression or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome then your condition will disappear. He calls this Blueprint Therapy. He invented it.

Rahman boasts gaining Diplomas in Hynotherapay, Coaching and Neural Linguistic Programming (NLP) along with being a trained practitioner in ‘Time Line Therapy‘ and ‘The Chrysalis Effect’ (don’t ask). Most of these diplomas were gained at the esteemed NLP training centre Inspire 360 where some courses last as long as a week!

http://startsmilingagain.com/portfolio-item/ive-recovered-from-m-e-and-fibromyalgia/
Treatment
I began therapy treatment with David two weeks later and not only I, but my family and friends too, find it incredulous that within such a short space of time, I am now so well both physically and mentally. So, are you ready to hear this? If you have pen and paper, just jot down what I am about to tell you so that you can look back at it later this evening and digest properly what has happened to me and what is waiting for each of you.

[unordered_list style=”bullet”]
    • After only one session with David, I was in a better place mentally than I had been for many years and actually excited about the future. I was already waking up in the mornings without the heavy feeling of dread and actually looking forward to the day ahead.
    • Within two weeks of starting therapy, I no longer had any need to use my wheelchair, or even my walking stick. My energy levels were increasing very quickly and my pain was starting to subside.

About Start Smiling Again

Having successfully treated sufferers of anxiety, stress and depression for over a decade, I have dedicated my career to finding long-term solutions for these often misunderstood conditions. Hence was born Blueprint Therapy and Coaching®. And the results have been and continue to be inspiring!

With over 95% of my clients regaining normal levels of long term health and a large proportion of these doing so without the reliance of medication, more and more people are benefiting from my client-focused treatments.

In addition to private clients, Start Smiling Again is also:

• Approved UK Government provider for stress and anxiety management.
  • An official provider for stress and anxiety management for the UK Government Department For Work And Pensions (DWP).
  • An official provider for stress and anxiety management for The Lift Project in Wales.
  • Providing GP seminars on stress, anxiety and depression treatment and management.
  • Working with employers to provide employees with motivational and sales training.
  • Working with employers to provide employees with anxiety and stress management courses, with the goal of reducing absenteeism from the workplace.
From Me to You
david-rahman.jpg

I’ve been where you are and I know how difficult it can be to seek help for your anxiety, stress or depression. I also understand why you may be sceptical about the effectiveness of treatment. After all, there is an overwhelming amount of ‘textbook’ advice available – most of which has probably never worked for you. That is because your ‘blueprint’,your situation and how your illness affects you, is completely unique. And so should be your treatment.

I bring to you the tools that you specifically need to move forward in your life. Just like over 95% of my clients, you can return to lasting health and happiness.

To make that next step towards recovery, contact me now on07811 957 216 and I can start helping you move forward today.

Qualifications and accreditations
  • Chrysalis Effect Practitioner – M.E. & Chronic Fatigue
  • Diploma NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
  • Diploma Hypnosis
  • Diploma Time Line Therapy
  • Diploma Advanced Certificate Coaching

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob

Start Smiling Again (ME/fibro section) said:
Within two weeks of starting therapy, I no longer had any need to use my wheelchair, or even my walking stick. My energy levels were increasing very quickly and my pain was starting to subside.
:rolleyes:
If it quacks like a duck...

The website actually claims that he offers a 'treatment' for ME & fibro and that patients get better because of it. But it isn't legally permissible to make such claims because it isn't supported by any medical evidence. The lightning process were forced to remove stuff like that from their advertising material.
Start Smiling Again(ME/fibro section) said:
Treatment
I began therapy treatment with David two weeks later and not only I, but my family and friends too, find it incredulous that within such a short space of time, I am now so well both physically and mentally.

Last edited:

Effi

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
He's talking about XMRV! And his website says: "Discover the 8 essentials to getting your life back in 2013". Outdated much?
That's the Chrysalis Effect website, not his. He is a CE practitioner listed on that site.

Edited to add that the book you linked to is also Chrysalis Effect. The author is someone called Elaine Wilkins, who is one of the founders of the Chrysalis Effect.

SilverbladeTE

Arbeit Macht Frei!

I like how that evil was dealt with in WW2, personally.
Differences of opinions can be argued with and even enjoyed.
But abuse, destruction of life can only be answered by true pacifism, or it's reverse.
I can hope that people will rise up and democratically erase the filthy crap that has been going on in our nations for last 30 years by the use of sane and just law, but I don't hold out much hope, as the forces of greed, extremism, hatred and stupidity are rampant :/

And yes I can well believe lot of folk in the DWP are sick of all this, because they won't be nasty, wicked people, just poor berks caught in a system going to hell
Note, the DWP has been working with UNUMProvident since 1993, which makes them complicit in deliberate abuse (fraudulent denying of welfare necessary for people to live) and thus, murder.
But hey, no one would believe the Germans could do such horrible things until it was too late...same thing.
Do I need to point out, again, exposure of horrors in the UK's Elite to point out the depths of depravity and evil those in charge of this country have plumbed, thus, how little they can be trusted?
:/

Effi

thanks for clarifying @Scarecrow :) Too much info for my mushy brain ;) The guy is using the chrysalis effect though I understood? So he's not saying it, but still subscribing to the theory... How they keep coming up with this crap and selling it as if it were the ultimate truth is beyond me.

PS: oh, and being on forums is like the worst idea (says the book), cause it is just keeping you sick! :cautious:

alex3619

Oh, and his book also has @charles shepherd quotes in it. Can he do that without permission?
Short quotes can be done without permission if its from published material or a public speech. There are guidelines governing length of quotes though before its considered plagiarism.

If its claimed as endorsement without permission then that is something else.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
thanks for clarifying @Scarecrow :) Too much info for my mushy brain ;) The guy is using the chrysalis effect though I understood? So he's not saying it, but still subscribing to the theory... How they keep coming up with this crap and selling it as if it were the ultimate truth is beyond me.
His trademarked 'treatment' is 'Blueprint Therapy and Coaching', which is in Countrygirl's OP.

I just provided the Chrysalis Effect link because Countrygirl noted that he was accredited and because it's an ME specific bogus therapy. If the ME Association could apply pressure, this might be a place to start.

The UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) ruled against the Chrysalis Effect in 2014
https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adju...s-Effect-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_280250.aspx#.Vao5eEa2qdE

'Assessment
Upheld

The ASA understood that the Chrysalis Effect was a support programme, which included videos, audios, downloadable content with meditation and relaxation techniques, advice, including from nutritionists and energy therapists and access to other online material, including a supporters’ forum, blog, news updates and inspirational stories from sufferers of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

While we noted Chrysalis Effect provided an example of a self-reporting questionnaire, including the results recorded by four patients, which recorded some improvement in the symptoms experienced by the participants, we were concerned that they had not provided robust evidence, such as clinical trials or studies, to support their claims that the programme would enable consumers to achieve "complete recovery" from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Chrysalis Effect maintained they were in the process of collating evidence to substantiate the claims, however, we reminded them of their obligations under the CAP Code to hold appropriate evidence to substantiate claims prior to publication. We considered that testimonials from individual sufferers did not constitute a suitably robust body of evidence to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Chrysalis Effect programme in offering "complete recovery" from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Because we had not seen any evidence to demonstrate the efficacy of the Chrysalis Effect programme for treating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, we concluded the claims were therefore misleading.

The ad breached CAP Code rules 3.1 (Misleading advertising), 3.7 (Substantiation) and 12.1 (Medicines, medical devices, health-related products and beauty products).

Action
The ad must not appear again in its current form. We told Chrysalis Effect Ltd to ensure they held substantiation before making similar efficacy claims for the programme.'

Last edited: