• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cobat- homeopathic immune modulator?

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Violeta - well, perhaps I should have started slower - I did get diarrhea today. I don't feel too bad overall but am going to cut my dose in half to 6 drops and see what happens. Generally I am very careful when starting a new supplement and go slow, but for some unknown reason I threw caution to the wind this time! :confused:

It sounds like you are reacting very strongly to the taurox. I didn't have any nausea, I hate feeling like I might vomit, so I feel for you. I guess the joint pain and digestive upset might be a good thing in the sense that the taurox is doing something - although whether good or bad probably remains to be seen. But it makes sense if it's going to start resetting our immune systems, that we would have reactions.

Are you going to continue with it? (I am)

Violeta

@Violeta - well, perhaps I should have started slower - I did get diarrhea today. I don't feel too bad overall but am going to cut my dose in half to 6 drops and see what happens. Generally I am very careful when starting a new supplement and go slow, but for some unknown reason I threw caution to the wind this time! :confused:

It sounds like you are reacting very strongly to the taurox. I didn't have any nausea, I hate feeling like I might vomit, so I feel for you. I guess the joint pain and digestive upset might be a good thing in the sense that the taurox is doing something - although whether good or bad probably remains to be seen. But it makes sense if it's going to start resetting our immune systems, that we would have reactions.

Are you going to continue with it? (I am)

Amazing....diarrhea, I think it's much stronger than I ever would have expected. I was hoping just for relief from fatigue, but I think I am going to get a lot more from it.

Last night I threw caution to the wind and ate some horseradish with my shrimp, and now I don't know if all of my symptoms today are from the Taurox or the horseradish, too. But I am having a hard time overall, difficulty with the fatigue that borders on pain in my legs, feeling like I should stay flat in bed, awful sensation in my gut! So I wondered if I should take another dose, so I did take another dose, and the rumbling in my gut came back. It did make me able to relax a little bit and give in to lying down. Bummer of a way to spend a beautiful day, but maybe it will pass.

Yes, I'm going to stick with it. I was just wishing I could just sleep through the difficult parts, but another part of me wants to get up and get things done.

Every time I look it up online I find another interesting article. I was just reading this from digitalnaturopath.

http://digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T467865.html

Mary

Moderator Resource
Amazing....diarrhea, I think it's much stronger than I ever would have expected. I was hoping just for relief from fatigue, but I think I am going to get a lot more from it.

Last night I threw caution to the wind and ate some horseradish with my shrimp, and now I don't know if all of my symptoms today are from the Taurox or the horseradish, too. But I am having a hard time overall, difficulty with the fatigue that borders on pain in my legs, feeling like I should stay flat in bed, awful sensation in my gut! So I wondered if I should take another dose, so I did take another dose, and the rumbling in my gut came back. It did make me able to relax a little bit and give in to lying down. Bummer of a way to spend a beautiful day, but maybe it will pass.

Yes, I'm going to stick with it. I was just wishing I could just sleep through the difficult parts, but another part of me wants to get up and get things done.

Every time I look it up online I find another interesting article. I was just reading this from digitalnaturopath.

http://digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T467865.html

Do you know why you have a hard time with horseradish?

I got (and still get) a lot of help from my chiropractor who does muscle testing. Different chiros over the years have helped me a great deal with several different digestive issues, my weak adrenals (which caused severe fatigue) and a few other things, cannot remember them all. I first saw one in the early 1990's, so over the years I just devised my own form of muscle testing, but I often double check my results with what the chiro finds - e.g., if a particular supplement is good for me, how much to take, etc., and generally we are right in sync.

So I was wondering if seeing a chiropractor who does muscle testing might help you. They haven't solved the riddle of CFS, my immune system is weak, I have PEM, though no pain. But I know I would be much worse off if I hadn't stumbled across muscle testing. I'm always recommending this to people and most of them roll their eyes, or just don't respond, and a few want to debate its merits - anyways, I had nothing to lose (except $50) when I first saw one and it was the best thing I ever did.

The article you linked looks promising - cross your fingers!

Violeta

The horseradish has a phytochemical in it that bothers me. I think it's the isothiolcyanate, something like that.

I have gone to several chiropractors that used muscle testing. Two of them were very helpful. I have seen a few ways to do it online, but can't seem to tell when the muscle is actually weak. Sometimes I use the one where you hold the supplement on your chest and if you fall forward it's good for you and backwards means it's not good for you. That is if your energy flow isn't switched. It's still hard for me to tell, sometimes I'll go through all my vitamins and get a little frustrated. If the good chiro were nearer to me I would go back to him.

I took another dose and it's not hitting me as hard this time. I've been overly tired all day, but if fatigue is one of the things it's supposed to help with, then it would make sense that it's making it worse. I'll take it as a good sign and try to relax.

Are you still taking the beta alanine? I took some taurine mixed with magnesium glycinate and tyrosine this morning, but don't know if I should keep taking it right now. The beta alanine is very tempting, it's sitting in my cart at pureformulas.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Violeta - You're right - muscle testing can be confusing, and the energy flow can get switched. I seem to do well with it though - maybe because I've been doing it so long. I devised my own method, patterned after the chiro pressing on my arm - I use my index finger as a surrogate arm, and press on it while holding a substance, or asking a question, and if it stays strong, then the answer is yes or the substance is good for me, and if my finger goes weak, the opposite. I've gotten pretty good at it, but when I do have questions, I'm very fortunate I have a chiro in my area who is only 10 minutes away - plus he takes Medicare! and will do an adjustment where I need, and then the muscle testing is thrown in for free - he's a really nice guy.

I'm glad your second dose didn't hit you as hard. I was somewhat extra tired today too -- it's sort of hard for me to know exactly what's going on because I was fighting a sinus infection for a couple of months and only this week seems to be resolving. I started taking liposomal vitamin C my sister gave me (which is a bit pricey) last week-end and finally started to notice some improvement, and then I made my own from an on-line receipe - woo hoo! but it worked I think. So I've been getting over that and then starting the taurox and trying to figure out exactly what's going on is a little difficult - You know how it goes - but overall am better.

I'm still at one beta alanine (1 gram tablet), though muscle testing says 2 is okay. I think it's pretty benign, but I guess I'm holding back on taking more because I have started 2 new other things - the liposomal vitamin C and the taurox - and want to see how I do. I did notice a slight tingling in my face, like a very mild niacin flush, after taking the beta alanine, but my skin didn't get red and it didn't last that long.

Gondwanaland

The horseradish has a phytochemical in it that bothers me. I think it's the isothiolcyanate, something like that.
It's very high in oxalates. Perhaps you are detoxing oxalates right now. Beta alanine helps detoxifying oxalates and can be too harsh if you are just beginning at it.

Last edited:

antares4141

I just came across this today, it sounds very interesting though I have no idea if it is effective or not:

http://www.needs.com/product/HWC06-ISH-02/l_Chronic_Fatigue_Fibromyalgil

If it does what it says it does, it would be fantastic - but if wishes were horses, etc.....

I may try it anyways, though am very skeptical. I found a relatively cheap source, less than half the regular price: http://www.betterhealthinternationa...m_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=productads

I'm pretty much skeptical of any type of alternative medicine or treatment cause there are soooooo many scams and scammers out there praying on us. But homeopathic there is no question other than placebo. It does NOT work. It can't work. The active ingredients are so diluted that your essentially just consuming ordinary water. This is a great video on how homeopathic remedies DON'T work.
Most people don't realize this. I once got sucked into buying a homeopathic remedy. Before I realized what it is. Not anymore.

Violeta

Ha! Homeopathics work for me.

Just because you don't understand how they work doesn't mean that they don't work.

Violeta

How is it going with the Taurox, Mary?

I was able to take 4 doses of 2 drops each yesterday. The joint pain in my foot is not returning, the digestive issues are reducing, and I've been eating watermelon and beef without distress, which is something I haven't been able to do for years. I slept until 8:45 this morning, and I very much needed that extra sleep, felt good. I'm still taking the material doses of taurine, along with magnesium glycinate. And I ordered the beta alanine last night after much overthinking and reading. It obviously goes well with taurine, can't wait to try it.

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I think the information I'm finding about taurine will be helpful to some of my friends with various issues.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @Violeta - to be honest, I'm not sure how it's going - it's not going badly, I just don't know if it's making a difference. However, my trusty muscle testing says it is very good for me and will just take some time to see results. I'm hoping it will help my immune system. I'm doing 6 drops a day now. In my wildest dreams CFS is an autoimmune problem and taurox will solve it! :D

I have different issues than you, no problems with most foods. I have been taking taurine for awhile, both in the morning and it's in a sleep combo I take. Though once I tried taking a plain capsule of taurine at night and I think it caused insomnia, although I think overall it is supposed to be beneficial for sleep. The sleep combo by the way is Theanine Serene by Source Naturals - it's pretty good, I think one of the better ones. Also glycine helps with sleep - I take it before bed and in the middle of the night.

I decided after much overthinking myself to take a second tablet of beta alanine today.

One thing - something is helping my immune system, I think I mentioned the intractable sinus infection above, which seems to be resolving after several months. It could be a combination of the liposomal vitamin C and the taurox which is doing this (regular vitamin C didn't do anything for me).

So I'm definitely going to stick with the taurox, at least for some weeks.

In any event, I'm really glad to hear it's helping you so much - that is great news! :thumbsup:

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Violeta - Have you tried the beta alanine yet? I think it is noticeably increasing my energy. I started with 1 gram a day (on empty stomach with other amino acids), then one day I did 2 grams, it may or may not have caused insomnia, went back to 1 gram, but am going to try 2 again today. my body seems to like it a lot! I think it helped lessen a crash as well.

Here's an article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16934791
which states that there may be a link between CFS and beta alanine, in some patients - very interesting! :nerd:

Violeta

Yes, I have tried the beta alanine and do like it too! Good for you that it's helping! I received mine on Wednesday, and was having a bad day energy wise. I had to lie down after dinner, and just couldn't do anything. I made myself go down to the kitchen and take a 1/4 tsp dose along with the taurine. I got a flush from it, and in 15 minutes I was able to go down the kitchen and get a few things done. Overall I am doing a little better with getting things done, too I'm so happy with it. A few minutes after I take it nerve endings all over my body start to burn. It's not too annoying, I just wonder why?

Thanks for the link to the article, how exciting!

Mary

Moderator Resource

Violeta

@Mary, how did your second try with 2 grams go? I took 1/2 gram this morning with some taurine, and am wondering if it would keep me awake if I took another dose at night. I am also wondering if I should take them separately because I saw some info saying that they compete with each other. The dose does give me energy, but then later during the day I've been really tired. It might be from upping my dose of Taurox to 3 or 4 drops at a time. I've been having to lie down at least twice a day, and besides that having to force myself to keep moving even after napping. On the bright side, I've been eating real meals with minimal distress.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Violeta - I finally took 2 grams yesterday, 1 gram first thing in the morning and 1 gram about 2:00 p.m. I did have middle of the night insomnia but don't know if it's related to the beta alanine or not. I felt great yesterday morning and pushed it physically (washing the kitchen floor, etc. - long over due - arggh! I know there are better ways to spend my energy but could not stand how dirty it was). Afterwards I was rather tired so pretty much rested most of the rest of the day, and was pretty achey this morning, generally a sign I am crashing, although the aches are now almost gone. I've also been doing some exercises for a partially frozen shoulder which can cause aches, so it's been hard to tell what is doing what. But right now I am starting to feel better than when I first got up - so will see. I took 1 gram this morning, but will skip the afternoon dose.

I also take taurine at the same time - I wasn't aware they compete for absorption - but guess I will change the timing of when I take the taurine. I just read a little bit about this issue and the jury seems to be out on whether or not it's significant --

That's really good the taurox is allowing you to eat real meals. I don't notice any effects from the taurox, though I'm hoping it is helping to modulate my immune system. The initial diarrhea I had above I now think was from something else. I'm sure it's hard to know what is causing your fatigue later in the day, whether it's the taurox or the beta-alanine. I get tired later in the day too, although I always do after exerting myself. The extra beta-alanine I took yesterday didn't seem to boost me up as the morning dose does. I just don't know - we're guinea pigs! :confused:

But overall I am doing better, whether from the beta alanine or taurox or both and it sounds like you are too --

Violeta

I think the afternoon dose is something I should try, so I just took another dose and it seemed to help quickly.

That would be great, help me stay awake during the day, maybe sleep better at night.

I am still taking the beta alanine with the taurine, there's just too many things I have to take and I'm not real organized about it, so they are both going to have to go in there at the same time.

I'm very happy that I am able to eat more food! The taurox must be calming down the overreactive part of my immune system.

Forever grateful to you, Mary!