• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone in UK....Dentist Periodontal Ligament

Hi. Just wondered if anyone in the UK knew of any dentists that remove the periodontal ligament during tooth extractions ? I have found a biological dentist who says he "cleans out" the socket by scraping, he didnt say he removed the actual ligament. Removing the ligament does not seem routine dentistry in UK and cavitations seldom discussed. In US this seems standard procedure. I have had a couple of extractions already , my usual NHS dentist did not remove the ligament nor clean the sockets, so I am worried over cavitations. My alternative/biological dentist says on his x rays he cant see any signs or infections but not sure how easy they are to spot. Having periodontal disease and ME with very imbalanced gut need to make sure my next extractions are done properly. Hoping just scraping out the socket will be enough ?

Please look at dramir.com. My daughter has ME and when he saw the position of her jaw caused by dental extraction he got rid of ME, she's now back to full health and back at uni. Just trying to spread the word, please loo.

All the best, wish you well