• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme & Chronic insomnia and family history of psychiatric/CNS disorders

Gondwanaland

Well, couldnt get copper. Apparently they took the supplements out of the market.
I think thiamin will help. Im waiting for thiamin pirophosphate to arrive.

There are few to none compounding pharmacies here, but my doctor can get this from a compounding pharmacy in Germany,i think.
What do pharmacists do there ??? Work on drugstores only ???

Thats really great...here they compound mostly drugs but my sister will ask tomorroe if there is a way to compound vitamins and such. Apparently they never do that

Gondwanaland

BTW, I just took a new dosage of probx for the 2nd time last night and it had an impressive positive effect on my sleep:
  • rhamnosus 1Bi
  • bifidum 1Bi
  • reuterii upped from 0.2Bi to 0.3Bi -- amazing effect on my sleep

Made me sleep very deeply!

Ok, i wanted to try 2 of those strains anyway.

Do you know if it would be useful to ask my doctor for 25HydroxyCholecalciferol ? Apparently it exists...

I've been catching more sunlight and I will prob buy the probiotics I was saying, and I will check if I can buy the bifidum and rhamnosus too.

I think one reason for low copper is that I've been eating a lot the delicious oranges from my region? I eat them everyday (at least 2), and drink orange juice. I never thought this could be a "sin". I checked the amine foods and I mean, the list is so extensive that I can't really know if I am eating too much of them. But the oranges, which are also high in amines, may also lower copper by increase of vitamin C intake. Am I right?

I decided to cut down coffee again and reducing sugar. I am reintroducing butter as I think it may boost HMG-CoA and I think this can be helpful... I had replace it with olive oil years ago

yesterday night, 0.125mg of clonazepam helped me a lot...but I can't seem to tolerate more than that because the next day is just awful. and it seems to work better the more anxious I feel. If I take it and am not so anxious, the next day I feel tired. I think there must exist a reason for this. I will try to break the pill once more, but it's already a quarter.

I have identified that all the medications that hurt me the most, except finasteride, were inhibitors of cyp2d6, which I have some mutations going on.

I find it ridiculous I have to import copper but It's what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

Do you know if it would be useful to ask my doctor for 25HydroxyCholecalciferol ? Apparently it exists...
I think it is called 1,25 OH vitamin D. I don't know, sorry, I haven't read this whole thread and don't know what your situation with vit D is. My husband and I tested it once (our insurance covers it) and it was fine. I believe when it is too high it involves parathyroid issues.
I think one reason for low copper is that I've been eating a lot the delicious oranges from my region? I eat them everyday (at least 2), and drink orange juice. I never thought this could be a "sin". I checked the amine foods and I mean, the list is so extensive that I can't really know if I am eating too much of them. But the oranges, which are also high in amines, may also lower copper by increase of vitamin C intake. Am I right?
It is a possibility.
I find it ridiculous I have to import copper but It's what I'm doing.
I have no means to know if what worked for my husband and I will work for you too. We has been supplementing zinc without copper and became deficient. Now we are taking just tiny amounts of Zn and Cu together and it's helping. I hope it works for you too. Judging from the thread title I think L. reuterii will help you more!

Yes there is 1,25 OH D, but there is also a 25HO D that can be supplemented. I tried colecalciferol before and didnt feel any differrnce so i will discuss this with my doctor.

I measured zn anc copper thinking it could be off so i also think supplementing coild help me like it help you or another guy i know of.

I appreciate your help

i will keep updating this thrrad with my progress

My supplemebts arrived and i will start takibg them after another round of tests next week. Took one week abd half from health monthly uk against 9weeks from iherb. I am very please and will order again.

I was wondering if it is possible that low 25OH D is linked with high 1,25 D , while the VDR is being blocked by a virus? Since the last wbc count looked like the pattern of a virus.

How do people around here test for viruses, bacteria, parasites? Maybe with genova diagnostics?

So yesterday I finally received some supplements.

I took 20mg of Manganese Chelated (I think it's too much), 200mcg selenium, 1gr arginine, 1gr citruline, (made a mistake and didnt buy ornithine but i will add that too), 1gr yucca root lunch time, 1gr yucca root before sleep.

I have slept!! not through the night but i did sleep and i feel good. I first fell asleep right after dinner, and of course, then i woke up, felt refreshed, and of course, couldn't sleep until 4 am lol.
Then I woke up a few times but managed to fall asleep. have slept around 8 hours in total but somewhat fragmented. During the night I woke up to pee and had that feeling of being so tired that i just want to get done with it and go back to sleep. this didn't happen in months.
i even had sexual dreams.

i am still missing some more supplements..like cocarboxylase.

not 100% but i feel good: not tired, more motivated, clear headed (no brain fog), I think tinnitus is slightly less.

if yucca works tonight, I will start wondering about pathogens.

I don't think it was placebo because I had sexual dreams. So if it doesn't work tonight, somehow the body adjusts very fast.

Ure right, I think its too much. I will take one pill of manganese 10mg every 2-3 days.

So the sleep was still ok the next night. But today was back to bad.

I think there must be a block somewhere in the fumarate / krebs cycle ? So it.works fine one night, until it depletes whatever there is before the block.

Withh adb12 is essentially the same

Last edited:
I guess my improvements are from krebs cycle. I found some people here feeling better on l carnitine fumarate, mb12,adb12,and 5 mtfr...adb12 works to put me to sleep, and i assume my reaction to arginine and citruline was from krebs cycle.

I wonder if i should spent money on carnitine fumarate. :/

Or testing methylation cycle properly and understand what i am missing. I think Rich said that methylation blocks would drive down krebs cycle?

On a side note, i may have this week some more information from the research on post finasteride syndrome as some guy who is going there for the study, is taking my questions with him.

EDIT: Just got my cocarboxylase :)) pharmaceutical grade, 5€. apparently they use it for nevralgias and muscle related issues. one more stuff to add. im slightly hopeful since it acts on krebs cycle. but i cant expect much since i have other deficiencies, vitamin d and copper and those have to be fixed before.

Last edited:

Kathevans

OK, I'm a little late to this party, but I love this thread. I'm trying to catch up a bit and saw @ppodhajski 's video post on using Prometheus for a report on our 23andme results. It doesn't seem to work--perhaps my iPad--or its age? I have no idea. Can it be refreshed, or am I out of luck?

Yes, i think he took it out? I had tried to see it again before too.
Basically i think he was showing how to filter by frequency and some othrr things.

Again, adb12 put me to sleep again in the morning. This is very consistent and i need to find out why it is happening. Additionally i seem less worried about the world.

Ive been reading that lack of sleep is in fact atp problems and that so is depression.

I am equsting meausuring Sam-e, creatine and adenosine in serum. I am going to ask my friend for creatine powder to try, do a load of 5gr per day 3-4 days in the first week, then reduce to 2-3 gr and keep this for one month, see if there is a difference.
When i was 22 at the same time of propecia, i was taking a protrin shake with creatine. I was feeling very well mentally,, i felt confident like never before.i dont know if it was increased test from.propecia or atp from creatine, but i guess i need to find out.

I have ordered.my zinc, copper, glycine (i know this helps me), coq10, n acetyl glucosamine, and sublingual B from source naturals. Up until now i have had no luck with the supplements for mutations. OTOH i have copper and vit D deficiency so that prob needs correction first.

I am getting poor fast and i think i will not buy anything after this for sometime.
I will though make exams, i think exams are underrated.

I think one easy and cheap way to stimulate krebs cycle is like some people are doing over at propecia forums in hopes to stimulate 5Alpha reductase 3: eating 200gr of spinach a day. I feel this is an act of desperation as spinach has too many oxalates and those eat up the calcium stores and end up going to bones as a source of calcium. But if i monitor my calcium maybe its ok.

I know of a guy with an exact pattern of insomnia like mine who.is doing this for 2 months and now sleeps over the alarm clock. He had to buy an alarm clock for deaf people.

I also have just ordered DHT and some other things. just to try...

Last edited:
Spoke to 2 guys participating in finasteride studies in america and italy. The researchers seem to believe a gene has methylated.
I really dont know if this is true or not.

I guess this is the hot topic of the moment, epigenetics and how to demethylate genes?

What would be my best bet at fixing this?