• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

organizing meds and supplements form minimum exertion?

alice111

does anyone have tips on how they organize their meds?

Also bedside setup?

Easy, efficient, minimal "spoon usage"?
:) pictures would be helpful!

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
I use a pill box and fill it up once a week. There was a thread on pill boxes the other day if you want to search for it.

I also split capsules into smaller doses which I put in new capsule cases. I do this by emptying the capsules and halving the contents repeatedly with a sharp knife on a clean sheet of paper until I get the dose I want. I then use the knife to drag the powder into the new capsule.

I found this hard to do at first due to poor control over my hands and fingers, but it has got better. I try to build up a stockpile on days when I have more energy.

Not sure if this is the kind of information you were looking for!

Best wishes, Andy

SOC

Daughter and I made pill lists with dosages so that we don't forget things (easy to do with cognitive dysfunction). We fill our big pill cases once a week so that we don't depend on feeling well enough to do it right every day.

We keep one bin with our current medications and supplements and the pill lists. We have another for extra bottles and things we are not currently taking so we don't get confused. We have a whole routine set up to make sure we get the right meds in, don't duplicate, and get more ordered when we're running low.

The current meds bin is on the left. Take out one bottle, check the list, fill the pill case, and place the bottle to the right... unless it's running low in which case it gets put in the middle of the table. When everything is checked off the list and in the pill cases, we put all the bottles on the right back in the bin. Then we immediately go and order the meds/supps we were running out of. If we don't do that immediately, we forget and run out. :rolleyes: Once those things are ordered, the bottles go back in the current meds bin.

On weeks when cognitive dysfunction is not a big issue, we do this in front of a favorite TV show to reduce the boredom. On bad cognitive weeks the distraction results in screw-ups so we leave the TV off.

It's relatively painless and efficient and reduces stressful screw-ups.