• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird neurological symptoms

optimist

Just stumbled upon this post by Violeta that reminded me of you:
Do you mean that congenital iron overload could cause the neurological symptoms? My iron levels are pretty normal from the blood samples...

This might be significant. Maes found that some ME/CFS patients achieved full remission after fixing their leaky gut. See this thread:
Thanks for the thread @Hip! I really do believe that this is very signifcant in my case, because now when I do not eat trigger foods, I fell quite OK. Also discovering that I had egg yolk intolerance and cutting them out of my diet gave a huge relief from fatigue and anxiety... There's a lot to gain from getting the proper knowledge and howto.

Gondwanaland

Do you mean that congenital iron overload could cause the neurological symptoms? My iron levels are pretty normal from the blood samples...
I thought it could be a possibility, but if the tests are normal, then it isn't it.
I had egg yolk intolerance
To me it makes no sense if a person stops eating all natural methyl donors but keeps taking them in supplemented form (lecithin) :confused:

Gondwanaland

I think chloine calms neurotransmitters down, but lecithin is a methyl donor. Sorry I don't really know the difference between them since I never took lecithin and never looked into it more deeply.

Violeta

Thanks for the thread @Hip! I really do believe that this is very signifcant in my case, because now when I do not eat trigger foods, I fell quite OK. Also discovering that I had egg yolk intolerance and cutting them out of my diet gave a huge relief from fatigue and anxiety... There's a lot to gain from getting the proper knowledge and howto.
Are you thinking you are having symptoms of uric acid? I realize Gondwanaland linked to my message about iron overload, but it sounds more like uric acid.

Pea protein and egg yolk contain uric acid, do you know if egg white is okay?

Although after reading more of your messages, I am wondering if the nerve issues are more of a neurotransmitter problem. I guess I will admit that I don't know, but I do hope you find relief.

Last edited:

optimist

It is a big mysterium. Now I am also getting a lot of blood red spots all over my body. I emailed some pictures to my doctor, and he believes them to be hemangiomas. But I have got some thirty of them in just a few days, mostly arms and chest, but also neck and thighs...

Violeta

I was just coming back to ask you if you were ever bitten by a tick or spider. The red spots are very common with either Lyme or one of the coinfections. The homeopathic remedy Ledum Pelustre is often recommended immediately after a bite, and does include some of the symptoms you mentioned. I have a link to a chart that shows the symptoms of the various coinfections, which I'll go get now.

If I remember correctly, the red spots are Bartonella, but not sure. Petechiae are red spots, too, and I see those go with Babesia. I know sometimes the spots are somewhat raised, and sometimes they are flat, just appearing to be blood rising to the skin, that might be Bartonella. Either way, Babesia and Bartonella frequently go hand in hand.

http://www.lyme-symptoms.com/LymeCoinfectionChart.html

optimist

@Violeta - Well, yes, but that was more than 20 years ago so I am not sure if that could explain it as your article says it happes very soon after the bite. They are both flat and raised... the biggest of them are raised (perhaps these are mature, and the flat are still developing?)

Violeta

I'm not sure what you mean about the article saying it happens very soon after the bite, but if you're referring to taking the homeopathic remedy right after the bite, that's to clear up any issues so that you don't see things happening down the road. Some of the infections are slow replicators, but if it was from the bite of 20 years ago you would have seen other symptoms before now. I posted the link to the comparison of various Lyme coinfections so that you could see if you have other symptoms that occur with or previous to
the red spots, because you actually can have one of those infections without an apparent tick bite.

optimist

I think chloine calms neurotransmitters down, but lecithin is a methyl donor. Sorry I don't really know the difference between them since I never took lecithin and never looked into it more deeply.
My doctor said that even though from the diagrams lecithin looks like it will increase methylation, it is actually good for overmethylation because "of the way acetylcholine affects neurotransmitters". I tried eating it past midnight and no ill effects from it :)

Silence

Hello optimist. I know this thread hasnt been active in over a year but i was wondering about the results of your MRI and are you still having sensitivities to proteins?