• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Summary of Recent Significant Findings in Research of ME/CFS

SDSue

Southeast
Good 6 page summary here - could be used as a handout for those less-than-informed doctors. ;) While it's not all-inclusive, it does hit the high points in each category of research. (I don't know how to copy and paste a chart, so this is a picture)

ETA: I found the source. Paul Watson, aka @thegodofpleasure on Twitter. Thanks Paul!

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 7.05.08 PM.png

Last edited:

SOC

Great find @SDSue! I will print out this 6 pages and carry them with me to my approaching appointments with the local hematologist/oncologist and PCP. I now have slightly less trepidation going in, and a lot more confidence that I can effectively argue against their prejudices.

SDSue

Southeast
Great find @SDSue! I will print out this 6 pages and carry them with me to my approaching appointments with the local hematologist/oncologist and PCP. I now have slightly less trepidation going in, and a lot more confidence that I can effectively argue against their prejudices.
I’ll be sending it to a certain neurologist I once knew lol.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Great information @SDSue! what sort of site is app.box.com which compiled all this information? I went to app.box.com but it wanted me to log in - it looks sort of mysterious! :)

SDSue

Southeast
Great information @SDSue! what sort of site is app.box.com which compiled all this information? I went to app.box.com but it wanted me to log in - it looks sort of mysterious! :)
That’s a great question! I have no idea about app.box.com. I ran across it on Twitter today. Were you able to link to the spreadsheet?

I dug around and found the source, Paul Watson, which I added to my original post.

taniaaust1

Thanks to Paul (thegodofpleasure) for putting this together. Much appreciated. If my computer manages to download it, I too will be using it to give to my doctors. (I really hope you don't mind that people are copying this for their doctors).

msf

Wow, I hadn't seen that Blomberg paper before - 25% with signs of Cpn infection! You'd think someone like Lipkin would have noted this and tried to follow up on it.