• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jason, Newton 2015: A Cross Cultural Comparison of Disability and Symptomatology Associated with CFS

eafw

This paper seems like something they just put together for the sake of getting a publication out. Which is a pity because both of them are capable of much better. 5/10 Profs, must try harder.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
I know how my neurologist would view this study, and I agree with him: how does this research inform clinical treatment decisions? As a result of this study, what is there to treat, and how?

I'm not seeing it.
My doc would agree. He would say"where's the science ? "

Esther12

This sort of research is not going to lead to a sudden breakthrough, but this sort of work is being done and published and I'd rather people like Jason and Newton were doing it than White and whomever. I would be interested in a large and expensive study looking at these sorts of differences... but don't think it would be worth the time and money.