• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sanum Therapy : Homeopathy to reduce Candida and Fungi

ahmo

Lots of small hairs growing.
I had no hair on my arms, few on my legs. It took me a long time to recognize that this is what looked so strange, so I don't know how long it was evident. Freddd told me he, too, was slick. Now the hair is growing back. I attributed it to B12/folate, but is this is what's happened to you as a result of killing off Candida? I also was doing detox for some time before I realized the regrowth, but not aimed at Candida.

whodathunkit

had no hair on my arms, few on my legs. It took me a long time to recognize that this is what looked so strange, so I don't know how long it was evident. Freddd told me he, too, was slick. Now the hair is growing back. I attributed it to B12/folate, but is this is what's happened to you as a result of killing off Candida? I also was doing detox for some time before I realized the regrowth, but not aimed at Candida.
ahmo, this is great news for both you and @Asklipia! What I've read points to body hair loss as being auto-immune in origin (sorry, no links to PubMed here, look it all up yourself if you don't want to take my word for it) and this is probably a good sign things are ramping up in the right direction. Good for you! :thumbsup:

Asklipia

Arghhh!!! This week-end is not so nice.
No major inflammation, a pain under a big toe, furry tongue, transient pain in the knees.
But the mood is very black. Maybe because the weather is not so nice and nothing is happening as foreseen. Obstacles everywhere and delays, which means I am not in synchronized mode anymore.
Fear. And a lot of sadness.
Now I understand that my maternal grandmother was probably poisoned by fungi all her life, living in a brewery next to a canal, water seeping through the walls of the house, her husband bringing her pints of brewer's yeast to drink supposedly for her health. He was a food engineer sold on progress, lots of MSG on the table, fake soup, fake mashed potatoes, Bovril and Marmite on fake bread.

So full of fungi she must have been, losing her first child at birth, she did not know why and felt guilty all her life. Then a son, who escaped into the Navy at 16 and survives still, no fungus on the ships. Then my mother, all her hair white at 20 years of age, and most of her teeth laced with amalgams at that same age. Then another child a girl, dead at 40 years of age of cystic fibrosis.
I am the first child of my mother, surviving just, born very premature, it must have been awful in there. Scars in the eyes, half bald for several years from scars on my scalp, very few teeth at birth. I like to think the brain was saved though.
Will the fungi let me live my own life? All that line of my family died very badly, eaten alive by I did not know what. Now I have an idea what happened. Candida devouring their bodies without waiting for a normal death.
I am so sad for them and I understand why they had little time for me.
I need a hug.:cry::cry:
Good luck to all,
Asklipia

jepps

Now I understand that my maternal grandmother was probably poisoned by fungi all her life, living in a brewery next to a canal, water seeping through the walls of the house, her husband bringing her pints of brewer's yeast to drink supposedly for her health. He was a food engineer sold on progress, lots of MSG on the table, fake soup, fake mashed potatoes, Bovril and Marmite on fake bread.
Asklipia

@Asklipia we all inherit not only the issues, but the infections of our parents and grandparents. Thank you for sharing your touching story with us.

Out family history is full with a story of bad carious teeth from the childhood on, and with a bad diet full with sugar. I additionally had a mouth full with amalgams and several undetected root canal infections for many years. So I understand the deep lying candida infection in my gut and in the whole body. As long as I can remember, I had vaginal infections.
Today research knows, that fungi is in the brain (10% of the cells, this is much), and I remember, I was very nervous and as child, it was very hard for me to concentrate in the school, this lasted up to the high school. My grades were bad, because concentrating and learning was exhausting.

Fungi excretion also activates old infections: in January I had fever and sputum, I did not have sputum for years. Now I have herpes rash, I did not have rashes for years. Old symptoms come up to the surface, and create symptoms. Upcoming infections always give me bad dreams, often old dreams, that I did not have for longer time. Infections always involve our mind, and can be traumatic for us.

Your good energy, and your healing of your body and the soul can give a good energy for your whole family, too.
Best wishes for all, jepps

Last edited:

Asklipia

Thank you @jepps.
I feel better today (Monday!) and in fact I woke up very early and did an amazing lot and things are going my way again :thumbsup:
This means that my ajna chakra is really affected by candida. 10% of the brain you say. Certainly for me they must be sitting on my Centre of Command.
Candida = for me frustration at not being able to lead my projects easily through difficulties or without any difficulty why not.

Upcoming infections always give me bad dreams, often old dreams, that I did not have for longer time. Infections always involve our mind, and can be traumatic for us.
Yes, this is a point which I had overlooked that infections involve the mind. Of course they would.
Trying to use the mind to resolve them.
Best!
:hug:

whodathunkit

I'm not getting reliable notifications for this thread. :( Anyone else having the same problem?

@Asklipia, I hope you're still feeling better. Sorry to hear about your mood last Sunday. In my family we call it "the black ass". I get it quite a bit, although thankfully these days it doesn't last for days or weeks any more. It's pretty transient.

Mind me asking what your time of life is? Regardless of anything else (CFS, candida, gut issues, etc.), mid-life can be very trying even for healthy women. Lately I'm having a hard time sorting what may be symptoms from gut protocol and Sanum, etc., from run-of-the-mill mid-life hormone issues. Though I'm feeling much better physically and mentally overall, certain hormonal patterns have been fairly static throughout my adventures with methylation and the gut these past couple years. My uterine fibroids haven't seemed to budge, for example, and still very heavy menses, etc. (Sorry for TMI).

I'm currently in a wonky time of the month and (again for example) last night I found myself weeping at a really stupid TV show (actually good TV show but why I began to weep was just plain dumb) and then literally one minute later belly-laughing at my silly dog. I'm glad there were no other people around because it was a little...mental. I almost got whiplash from my own mood swing. :meh:

I mention this because for some of us working with the Sanum and the gut, plain old hormone issues could be responsible for some of the mood symptoms at least.

Sidereal

and still very heavy menses, etc. (Sorry for TMI).

For what it's worth, I've discovered from self-experimentation with various prebiotics that what I thought were hormonal issues were actually immune issues manifesting as hormonal derangements. Since we're on the subject of TMI, I've had lifelong problems with heavy flow and this disappeared overnight after taking brown marine algae that Vegas recommended to me. I know some people are concerned about the iodine content but I find that 1/10th of a capsule is all I can tolerate anyway (they are hugely immunostimulatory; RS is child's play compared to that stuff). My blood loss is now about a quarter of what it used to be and I only take the algae for a few days during the late luteal phase. It couldn't be "placebo" since I had no idea they would have any impact on the menstrual cycle; I only came across the Japanese literature later after digging into it to try and make sense of what had happened.

Asklipia

I'm not getting reliable notifications for this thread. :( Anyone else having the same problem?
@whodathunkit I seem to get less notifications recently, even for other threads.
As to your question about my age, I am 63 now. I never ever had any problem with menses or period pains. Most probably due to swimming like a fish in all kinds of weather and seas.
I think that the problem with mood is really related to the Sanum, and especially the Exmykehl.
Today is Saturday, and I started again on the black mood about half an hour after taking it. There is a problem with serotonin with Candida. This black mood comes on week-ends when we take Exmykehl.

Dark dark time today and I had to go back to vodka. Fine now! :balloons::balloons::balloons:
But the week was exceptionally good! No need for vodka at all. I am in the process of moving and I cleaned and packed more that 1000 kg of books and arranged for the removal etc… And cooked and cleaned and arranged for more packing etc, taking decisions every five minutes with a very CLEAR head.
Frankly I cannot even remember that I had CFS. I am sure there will be lots of people who will say that I never had it in the first place! lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you for your support. I really need to share and feel we are not alone sailing to the solution. It would be awful to fell 100 % cured and alive, with so many answers below my belt, and be the only one on Earth.
By the way, apart from me, @jepps and maybe you? who is following the Sanum protocol?

This last week, both I and DH noticed slightly better depth of field and better vision. Of course this went swiftly away as soon as we took the Exmykehl.

Lots of good wishes to all!
Asklipia

whodathunkit

For what it's worth, I've discovered from self-experimentation with various prebiotics that what I thought were hormonal issues were actually immune issues manifesting as hormonal derangements. Since we're on the subject of TMI, I've had lifelong problems with heavy flow and this disappeared overnight after taking brown marine algae that Vegas recommended to me. I know some people are concerned about the iodine content but I find that 1/10th of a capsule is all I can tolerate anyway (they are hugely immunostimulatory; RS is child's play compared to that stuff). My blood loss is now about a quarter of what it used to be and I only take the algae for a few days during the late luteal phase. It couldn't be "placebo" since I had no idea they would have any impact on the menstrual cycle; I only came across the Japanese literature later after digging into it to try and make sense of what had happened.
Jeez, Side, I wish it was possible to like this post 1000 times. Mind posting link or name of brown marine algae you use? I have to try it. If it was posted earlier in this thread I missed it, because seeing that kind of feedback always makes me rush off to have whatever it is overnighted to me.

How long have you been taking it?

I love iodine. No problems there. I even mega-dosed on it for a year hoping it would help my fibroids. It didn't seem to do a dang thing for them although it did vastly improve my TSH and other thyroid readings.

Mind telling if you have fibroids? If not here then in PM?

Edited to add: Well, duh. Memory fog strikes again. I have tried brown marine algae before, but mostly refer to it as ecklonia cava. I tried it for hair growth but stopped because it seemed to make my fibroids worse judging by how they feel in abdomen, not increased flow (I didn't take long). Anything that increases IGF-1 (for example, colostrum) seems to do that in me. Supposedly IGF-1 induced fibroids to grow.

How long did you have to take it to see results?

I may still have some in the cupboard. If so I will drag it out and give it another go.

@Asklipia: my $0.02: whatever it takes to circle back around to the vodka. :thumbsup: :p

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that you're taking three steps forwards and only two steps back. It's progress! :)

Last edited:

Sidereal

Jeez, Side, I wish it was possible to like this post 1000 times. Mind posting link or name of brown marine algae you use? I have to try it. If it was posted earlier in this thread I missed it, because seeing that kind of feedback always makes me rush off to have whatever it is overnighted to me.

How long have you been taking it?

I love iodine. No problems there. I even mega-dosed on it for a year hoping it would help my fibroids. It didn't seem to do a dang thing for them although it did vastly improve my TSH and other thyroid readings.

Mind telling if you have fibroids? If not here then in PM?

I started messing around with these last November. Like I said, I only take them during the late luteal phase and not every day. You'll probably be able to tolerate them far better than me. Do please be aware of how super inflammatory this stuff is at normal dosages so you'll probably wanna take small amounts to start off with.

Apparently I'm not the only one who has benefitted:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6882/4/10

The three I've tried are this, this and this. Ecklonia cava works best for me but I can only tolerate tiny doses. That stuff is like rocket fuel. It's marketed for fibromyalgia and hair loss. Bladderwrack is probably best known as a remedy for menstrual problems. The last one, fucoidan, is marketed as a weight loss supplement.

I have no idea if I have fibroids. Would these show up on an abdominal ultrasound?

whodathunkit

@Sidereal, I just edited to add I have tried the algae...I had forgotten that it's "common" name is ecklonia cava. I was editing as you were posting, apparently.

Sadly, EC increases IGF-1 which my fibroids don't like. I may give another try at it, though, with your recommendation of reduced dosage.

Off the top of your head, do you know if IGF-1 is generally inflammatory? Or only at high doses...? I'm still confused about it. I see some literature says yes, some seems to say no.

Fibroids should show up on an ultrasound unless very small. If no one's ever told you you have them after having an ultrasound, then you probably don't. If you've had an ultrasound and they never found any, thank your stars that's not something you have to add to your litany of woes. It can be like being pregnant, only the pregnancy never ends. :grumpy:

Sidereal

@Sidereal, I just edited to add I have tried the algae...I had forgotten that it's "common" name is ecklonia cava. I was editing as you were posting, apparently.

Sadly, EC increases IGF-1 which my fibroids don't like. I may give another try at it, though, with your recommendation of reduced dosage.

Off the top of your head, do you know if IGF-1 is generally inflammatory? Or only at high doses...? I'm still confused about it. I see some literature says yes, some seems to say no.

Fibroids should show up on an ultrasound unless very small. If no one's ever told you you have them after having an ultrasound, then you probably don't. If you've had an ultrasound and they never found any, thank your stars that's not something you have to add to your litany of woes. It can be like being pregnant, only the pregnancy never ends. :grumpy:

EC is just one type of algae; there are others. What happened when you took it? IGF-1 is a problem only if it's too high.

I have had many ultrasounds, no one said anything about fibroids. That sounds terrible. :(

whodathunkit

What happened when you took it?
I can feel the tumors swell. Pants get tight, feel really, really bloated, generally gross. It feels like if someone were to stick a pin in me I would go flying off through the air like a rapidly deflating balloon, accompanied by a loud farting sound.

The stupid tumors aren't static anyway, regardless of taking things that increase IGF-1...they change shape (shrink and swell) given the time of the month. Right now I"m having a bad time because I took some collagen yesterday, which I want to take because of benefit to skin and hair. But I forgot that collagen is another thing that can cause fibroids to grow, and can have an almost immediate effect. It's another thing I had problems with in the past.

I may try some plain old bladderwrack and some other things like vitex that are supposed to beneficially affect the hormone balance. I suspect a big problem is that because I'm carrying weight I may still be estrogen dominant, which causes or at least exacerbates fibroids. Plus now I'm losing fat I may be liberating a dozen years worth of stored who-knows-what toxins and cellular debris from my adipose.

It's a long-haul project, for sure. I'm beginning to strongly suspect I won't be able to concretely pinpoint much to do with my fibroids and maybe even my immune system until I finally get rid of the excess adipose, simply because of the hormonal imbalances and inflammation that extra fat can cause. At least, I won't begin to despair until at least a year after I reach my healthy weight.

Last edited:

jepps

@whodathunkit
I think that the problem with mood is really related to the Sanum, and especially the Exmykehl.
Today is Saturday, and I started again on the black mood about half an hour after taking it. There is a problem with serotonin with Candida. This black mood comes on week-ends when we take Exmykehl.

Asklipia

This study shows, that serotonin is needed for candida defense, so it is not available for mood, energy and muscles.

I also have my black days on the weekend, when I take Exmykehl, and stool is still grey on weekend. But I still make progress: I am not so sensitive against moist and cold wheather, and this is fine:).