• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Series of Supplements that are working better than antibiotics

Charles555nc

Supplements/Drugs Im taking/took, in the order they worked for me.

Clindamyacin/ Doxycycline/Tindamax->Zinc--> Low dose naltrexone-> Vitamin D-> Isentress-> Methylation supplements (not MSM)->molybdenum->Selenium-> Iodine-> Niacinamide-> Hydrocortisone (to turn adrenals back on)-> NAC (1200mg twice a day)-> 8 grams vitamin C (twice a day)-> MSM (only first thing in the morning 500mg)-> 3-4 cups all natural green tea-> melatonin once every two days (1mg)

Still causing severe symptoms- potential benefits or just 100% bad?
MSM-> caused me to wake up 20 times a night, at 1gram MSM, so I switched to morning and 500mg, working
Apple Cider Vinegar->? (I get emotional and feel like Ive been punched all over, increased symptoms)
Green Tea-> switch to all natural decaf green tea (seems to have benefits without the bad of caffeine)

Methylation supplements caused sometimes severe start up reactions, methyl folate, MSM in particular, only can recommend it if you are improving.

Any ideas why Apple Cider Vinegar makes me feel worse? Does it feed fungus/mold/bacteria/viruses, too acidic? Or is it start up reaction...

Mary

Moderator Resource
Supplements/Drugs Im taking/took, in the order they worked for me.

Clindamyacin/ Doxycycline/Tindamax->Zinc--> Low dose naltrexone-> Vitamin D-> Isentress-> Methylation supplements (not MSM)->molybdenum->Selenium-> Iodine-> Niacinamide-> Hydrocortisone (to turn adrenals back on)-> NAC (1200mg twice a day)-> 8 grams vitamin C (twice a day)-> MSM (only first thing in the morning 500mg)-> 3-4 cups all natural green tea-> melatonin once every two days (1mg)

Still causing severe symptoms- potential benefits or just 100% bad?
MSM-> caused me to wake up 20 times a night, at 1gram MSM, so I switched to morning and 500mg, working
Apple Cider Vinegar->? (I get emotional and feel like Ive been punched all over, increased symptoms)
Green Tea-> switch to all natural decaf green tea (seems to have benefits without the bad of caffeine)

Methylation supplements caused sometimes severe start up reactions, methyl folate, MSM in particular, only can recommend it if you are improving.

Any ideas why Apple Cider Vinegar makes me feel worse? Does it feed fungus/mold/bacteria/viruses, too acidic? Or is it start up reaction...

I seem to have trouble with ACV too. I think it can cause a detox reaction, and I just read that it can deplete potassium, so these are possibilities why you feel worse when taking it. But I'm curious to see if anyone else has any ideas on this.

Martial

Are there implications of msm being utilized or hampering methylation? What were the antibiotics used for? Also switch to an organic green tea, much less flouride by ppm then standard versions.

Charles555nc

Are there implications of msm being utilized or hampering methylation? What were the antibiotics used for? Also switch to an organic green tea, much less flouride by ppm then standard versions.
My doctor said it was involved in the Methylation cycle and alot of internet links mention that MSM as being involved in methylation. I cant be certain in the little search that I did, but it also is supposed to let your cells dump their waste, and that could also explain the strong negative "startup" reaction I got to it. But 500mg, first thing in the morning, along with alot of other supplements seems to be working fine.

Maybe in a couple weeks, I'll go back up to 1 gram MSM.

The antibiotics were for mycoplasma, c pneumoniae, and lyme disease.

And I haven't found an organic decaffeinated green tea yet, but I had a die off reaction to this
"all natural" Salada brand, so I might just stick with this.

Crux

The ACV is acidic, and that is what gets me right in the nerves. I'll get pain, neuritis, and even shingles if I have very much of it.

It's great for many people, especially those with low stomach acid.

Hanna

I've tried ACV only once (1tbsp in cup of water) and got an allergic reaction right away (histamine?). Balsamic vinegar did the same.

Gingergrrl

Any ideas why Apple Cider Vinegar makes me feel worse?

@Charles555nc All types of vinegar are very high in histamine and since I began a low histamine diet, I eliminated all vinegar, pickled and fermented foods, dried meats, etc. Have you ever been tested for high histamine & mast cell issues or had an allergic reaction to anything? I had no idea any of this pertained to me until I had a horrific reaction to a yellow food dye and was half-way to the ER until the Zyrtec kicked in. Not sure if this could pertain to you?

Charles555nc

@Charles555nc All types of vinegar are very high in histamine and since I began a low histamine diet, I eliminated all vinegar, pickled and fermented foods, dried meats, etc. Have you ever been tested for high histamine & mast cell issues or had an allergic reaction to anything? I had no idea any of this pertained to me until I had a horrific reaction to a yellow food dye and was half-way to the ER until the Zyrtec kicked in. Not sure if this could pertain to you?

Taking decaffeinated green tea in 4 cup dosages (and the previously mentioned supplements), caused a die off reaction (short term diarrhea, acheyness) and afterwards I didn't have much of a reaction to apple cider vinegar the last time I took it.

My guess is that mold/fungus/parasites love acid, or some other ingredients in the apple cider vinegar, and they grab it before the body can. Killing them kills the negative reaction, possibly.