• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mold Consultants for moving advice

I need a mold consultant for moving advice. I have read different extremes and I know it is different for everyone: wash clothes, wipe down and vacumn all wood surfaces, get rid of all books, no vacumn all books, get rid of all computers and tvs, no vacumn and wipe down all computers and tvs, keep pictures frames, no do not keep frames, and some say leave everything. Planning on moving and plan to get rid of almost everything (that my wife will agree to) I am not sure what to do and if you can wipe down wood furniture, and if so what do you use on wood, frames, electronics, etc....

Need consultant for advice and to direct what to keep and not to keep, and the steps of doing it and how to coordinate the move. It will be better coming from a consultant than from me.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
When I had mold he told me to wipe down all hard surfaces, don't think there was anything special and wash everything soft else.

I did not get rid of anything except things too hard to wash.

Cardboard and books have mold.

Best thing is google mold remediators. Might be worth a couple bucks to have them do a walk through.