• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solicitation of nomination for organizations as non-voting liaison members of CFSAC

Nielk

The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH), within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is soliciting nominations from qualified organizations to be considered for non-voting liaison representative positions on the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC). CFSAC provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary of HHS, through the Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH), on a broad range of issues and topics related to myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). The issues can include factors affecting access and care for persons with ME/CFS; the science and definition of ME/CFS; and broader public health, clinical, research, and educational issues related to ME/CFS. These three non-voting liaison representative positions will be occupied by individuals who are selected by their organizations to serve as representatives of organizations concerned with ME/CFS. Organizations will be designated to occupy the positions for a two-year term to commence during the 2015 calendar year. Nominations of qualified organizations are being sought for these three non-voting liaison representative positions. The organizations chosen for representation on CFSAC will be selected by the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) or designee during the 2015 calendar year. Details of nomination requirements are provided here : https://federalregister.gov/a/2015-05887.