• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can You Please Explain My Results

Daffodil

don't forget that the best lyme test is LTT ELISPOT for Borrelia from Infectolabs. you can send away for a kit.

hi,

I heard activated charcoal is also good detox for people with Lyme. I bought Parsley for detox, it's another microbial tincture from NutraMedix. Some people who experience foot or muscle pain have tried foot soaks using Epsom salt.
I tried it once and felt relaxed afterwards. Yeah, I saw the weather forecast and I too am excited. :)

jlynx

Yeah I think I want to get further testing for Lyme. I will ask my doctor about that at my next appointment. Maybe since my HHV-6 levels were so high he wanted to target that first.

hey jlynx,

how are ya? I'm still taking these antimicrobials for Lyme. It's getting pretty expensive as I had to reorder
the herbals (Amazon.com) but these things are for my health so cant put price on that I guess. I developed colds, cough and sore throat last Monday and I rarely, almost never catch colds. I heard people with Lyme rarely get colds so I hope that this could mean that my immune system is improving.

jlynx

Hey,

I'm okay, nothing really new to report. Haven't had anymore really bad days like last Monday. That was the worst I've ever been, I barely had the strength to move at all and my body hurt a lot, and I had bad brain fog. It is much like a roller coaster, where each day I am a little different, either a little worse or majorly worse or about the same as before. Which I much prefer instead of being consistently worse for weeks on end.

That does sound like a good sign, I remember reading about that. The supplements (and appointments) are very expensive, but definitely worth it. I like to think the supps may be keeping me from experiencing worse side effects from the Valcyte. Did they tell you to get a blood test before your next appointment? They did for me, but you need a doctor form requesting it so I'm not sure what to do. I emailed the clinic about it. I'd hate to have to go there again just to pick up a form, since it is a bit of a drive.

I wish I could help you, I live 30 mins away from King of Prussia. However, I don't think they will give me the form since it's a patient privacy thing lol. Maybe they scan and email it to you?

They didn't ask me for blood test. My guess is that my Lyme treatment will be a while since I've only started treatment for 6 weeks.

jlynx

I'm around 30 minutes too. They said they'll get back to me, it sounds like he should've given me the form at my last appointment.. Hopefully they can email it to me. It's probably necessary because of the Valcyte since it can affect blood cells.

I hope you get the form because sometimes blood test results take time. Hopefully Dr G wont request for lots of them in my next blood test. They took 13 tubes of blood from me for my initial and no kidding I felt like I was gonna pass out lol.

jlynx

omg I had to get a lot taken the first time too, was also super close to passing out. I had to sit down for a minute before I could leave lol.

i'm glad that someone can relate with me. I really appreciate exchanging notes with you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. Maybe I can meet you at Dr. G's clinic one day. :) My appt is this Thursday.

Last edited:

jlynx

Hey @vergarm ,

How's it going and how did your appointment go? Mine is this Thursday. I am going to ask Dr. G about low dose naltrexone. It has helped a lot of people, maybe it would get rid of some of my fatigue.

Last edited:
hey jlynx,

Thanks for asking. Well, I felt like my 3rd appointment wasn't really necessary in my opinion.
I think it would have been more productive if I had my 2nd blood test results. Dr G just gave me the form last Thursday. He just asked me if I'm feeling better and since I am he just said to continue with my antibiotics and herbs. I was expecting that he will add or rotate some of the supplements.

He did explain the thyroid supplement very well and he does really care. I just wish they could have sent me the lab form and saved me a visit. He did say that with Lyme that treatment could take a while depending on how I feel.

I heard a lot of people dealing with fatigue from Lyme and CFS are taking low dose Naltrexone.

Good luck with your appointment and make sure you have your blood test to save you some time and money. :)

jlynx

Hey,

Well that's annoying... They told me I actually didn't need to get more bloodwork done yet (the receptionist said I did at my last appt). I wish we could call about our results then, or even email, instead of having another appt for it. Oh well.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

jlynx

Hey it went well, thanks for asking. He prescribed LDN after I suggested it. It's compounded so I'll get it through the mail. I can't wait to try it. He also said to take more D-Ribose since that may help. And he added an adrenal support supplement. He said it's normal to feel the same in my case, but he gave me a timeline of 8-12 weeks I should feel a difference. I'm at 7 weeks tomorrow. He was more encouraging this time so that was nice. Oh, and he said I looked better. But he may just be saying that, cause I think I still look tired as hell lol.

He said I still don't need bloodwork till my next appt because my viral levels won't have changed yet. Hope you're well!

Hey jlynx.

That's good news! Good to hear that you're gonna get LDN. I heard that's really helpful for fatigue. I didn't purchase my refills of Lyme herbal tincture from them coz I can get it from Amazon.com cheaper :)
I'm glad your appointment went well. I hope you get over fatigue soon.

jlynx

Hey,

I don't see any of the supps I'm taking on Amazon, bummer. I wonder how necessary they really are, or if I really need to take alll of them... Cause it would be a lot cheaper if it was just the cost of the appt, not the appt and all the supplements. He said my adrenals were ok last time and this time he said they're a little low which is why he gave me the adrenal supp. =/

hey jlynx,

how are you? I went to see an ENT who diagnosed me with silent GERD. I've been experiencing like a sore throat feeling and she inserted a tiny camera up my nose that can view my throat. She prescribed pepcid I guess the acid can go up to your throat. She also told me that the antibiotics that I was taking for Lyme are pretty strong and since I'm feeling better she advised that I start to ween off the antibiotics.

I cancelled my 4th appt with Dr. G. I think his treatment really helped me but I would like to stop the antibiotics and continue treatment using holistic approach. I'm scheduling an appointment with a holistic doctor I'd like to make sure
that I don't get into Lyme relapse.

Hope you're doing well.

jlynx

Hey,

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad your Lyme is in remission and you're doing well besides that.

I am on 3 mg of LDN currently. I feel like it's helping me in some ways although I haven't been on it too long yet. I'm waking up a little earlier/ needing less sleep which is nice. I was also in a great mood yesterday and possibly felt a little energized. It's hard to say if it is from the LDN or if the Valcyte is starting to make a difference though. I have been taking it for 10 weeks this Friday. I get the sense that I will start seeing big differences soon. I can be intuitive so maybe I'm sensing that my viral levels are going down. People have said that they had mental improvements before physical improvements, and it's possible I'm experiencing the mental improvements so that's a good sign. I'm really curious to see what my levels are for my next blood test, and if my thyroid levels have improved.