• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Action alert: Fri 6 March: register on reddit to upvote Dr Mady Hornig to the front page & ask qns

Valentijn

From what I understand, we now have just under 1 hour left to ask questions and vote questions up or down.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
So really we should go to the front page and downvote everything else, yes? And downvote everything else on the "Science" subreddit?

SOC

My favorite question so far:

"Hello, I suffered from Chronic Fatigue for a while, and the doctor's diagnosis and response was really awkward slow and not very helpful. So I just want to ask a few questions that were left unanswered. Thank you, you're awesome!

What ,would you say, is the best set of guidelines to follow in one's personal life to minimize risk factor for these conditions? What is the connection between sexual activity and masturbation and chronic fatigue ? What about weed use/abuse?" ;)
:rolleyes:
Let's make sure we downvote that one -- no need to waste Dr Hornig's time.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Anybody understand why questions aren't ordered by # of votes even after "refreshing" my screen by leaving the Science subreddit and getting back in? Even on the front page the titles are in order by # of votes??

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Anybody understand why questions aren't ordered by # of votes even after "refreshing" my screen by leaving the Science subreddit and getting back in? Even on the front page the titles are in order by # of votes??
It looks to be a function of both time since posting and the number of votes.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
There are various 'sort by' options but I haven't found one that does it by number of votes yet.

SOC

More links here to good questions would help those of us rushing in at the last minute to upvote the good questions. :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Once this thing gets underway at 1pm, is there any voting left to be done?

Can people still put questions?

Are there any strategies we should be adopting?