• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Action alert: Fri 6 March: register on reddit to upvote Dr Mady Hornig to the front page & ask qns

Soundthealarm21

This AMA is currently number 231 on /r/all

Reddit AMA 231.jpg

Soundthealarm21

By the way, it is usually easier to answer short entries for the AMA participants. A wall of text should be avoided and often doesn't get answered.

My wall-o-text question is as meant for random onlookers as it is for Dr. Hornig. Designed it that way. The hope that someone will see it and say "Okay, maybe this is kind of serious."

Soundthealarm21

One piece of advice i'll give is to format properly. Don't write questions in a line. Make it easy to read.

Ex, don't do this: What is CFS? How do I know if I have it? With current research do you think there will be blah blah blah? What about blah?

Space each out?

Like this?

Also on reddit you have to do hit enter TWICE for it to format correctly

Last edited:

aimossy

One piece of advice i'll give is to format properly. Don't write questions in a line. Make it easy to read.

Ex, don't do this: What is CFS? How do I know if I have it? With current research do you think there will be blah blah blah? What about blah?

Space each out?

Like this?

Also on reddit you have to do hit the space bar TWICE for it to format correctly
damn another oops from me!

Soundthealarm21

Reddit AMA all.jpg
It's actually on the 2nd page of /r/all. You have to deliberately click "all" at the top of the screen.

You are probably looking at your front page which consists of the subreddits that you are subscribed to (there are default subs when you sign up). It's still a big deal, but it's not on the front yet. It'll get there though!!

SB_1108

View attachment 10209 It's actually on the 2nd page of /r/all. You have to deliberately click "all" at the top of the screen.

You are probably looking at your front page which consists of the subreddits that you are subscribed to (there are default subs when you sign up). It's still a big deal, but it's not on the front yet. It'll get there though!!

No seriously, its on the Front Page... I've asked others to verify. I'm not signed in on my phone and its #8.

Edit: BTW - For those not familiar with Reddit, this is a huge deal!

Valentijn

View attachment 10209 It's actually on the 2nd page of /r/all. You have to deliberately click "all" at the top of the screen.

Aww, damn :p

Though I'm seeing it at #22 on the 1st page of "All" + "Hot"

Soundthealarm21

No seriously, its on the Front Page... I've asked others to verify. I'm not signed in on my phone and its #8.

Edit: BTW - For those not familiar with Reddit, this is a huge deal!

It literally just reached the front page. It's at number 25. In that image I shared showing how to click on /r/all it was currently at 28. As I thought though it's climbing! We will be in poll position by the time 1pm ET rolls around!