• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hypoxic Brain Damage Swollen Lymph Nodes, Toxoplasmosis, Bacterial Infection, Head Numbness

Sidereal

Me? Originally psychotic disorder (everything else goes with it OCD, depression, anger, etc.). I truly believe I had some Toxo considering I loved cats as a child. I also suspected of Lyme disease considering I live in the Northeastern part of the U.S. where it is most prevalent. I just got my insurance and I'm trying to get some tests done to get to the bottom of all this. So do I talk to my doctor about Toxo or Lyme disease and would he know what to do next? I understand some of them have never even heard of these diseases depending on their specialty. My doc is an internist.

Would a Western Blot test reveal any toxo or Lyme activities?

Sorry, no, I meant @physicsstudent13.

physicsstudent13

I've been diagnosed with severe complex asthma with a calcified granuloma in the lower right lobe of my lung, severe sleep apnea (I don't breathe in my sleep), diabetes, toxoplasmosis 35.1 titre, severe allergies, chronic hypoxia, neurofibroma, neurenteric cyst eroding my clivus, GI parasitic infection, heart arrythmias, liver damage with NAFLD, glaucoma. I also think I have anemia from the parasites and the blood loss from tracheostomy since I was nauseous for months after that.

physicsstudent13

the humming and vision loss could be from Lyme's or toxoplasmosis? I went to an infectious disease doctor and they did NOTHING, I asked her repeatedly to run blood tests!

Last edited:

physicsstudent13

toxoplasmosis can cause inoperable cysts in your brain. I'm also going blind and have blurry vision, eye pain, and glaucoma from high eye pressure

eon

Unipathic Medicine Reveals Better Treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/unipa...vbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNTYzXzEEc2VjA3Nj

Borrelia (Lyme disease) and its co-infections produce dangerous neurotoxins that block those receptor sites on the nerve cells, thereby prohibiting the correct function on the neurotransmitters. A simple solution is amino acids; which can balance these neurotransmitters by feeding the pathways, but this isn't enough. Physicians must balance neurotransmitters while treating all of the infections properly to include viral, fungal and parasitic factors, and remove chemical/environmental toxins and heavy metals in a customized complete treatment plan.

physicsstudent13

it's really scary losing my vision and having blurry vision and hearing/balance loss. I put my hand under cold water and it felt warm.
I was going to buy atovaquone but it was so expensive $60 for a small box but it's great I think it just might be able to kill toxo cysts

eon

I've read about getting a tetanus shot/vaccination to prevent Lyme. Any clue why this is of all things? I'm about to get vaccinated for tetanus as it has been over 10 years (if I can even remember).

I've read about getting a tetanus shot/vaccination to prevent Lyme. Any clue why this is of all things? I'm about to get vaccinated for tetanus as it has been over 10 years (if I can even remember).
That's an extremely odd claim. Whoever made it should be willing to provide a source.

eon

I wish I could find the article or so that I read. It wasn't just a claim by some schmoe from a forum. It was a legitimate claim. If true, there should be studies on pubmed if anyone care to provide sources here. Either way I'd still need to get my tetanus shot since it has been over 10 years. Still doesn't hurt to try.

That's an extremely odd claim. Whoever made it should be willing to provide a source.

eon

I got my Lyme and Toxoplasmosis tests done. While I am negative for both, Lyme however seem to have been present at one point in time, below is the result or "flags":

Lyme Disease Ab, Quant, IgM - 0.83 - HIGH

For one to be truly negative of Lyme disease, it has to be <0.80, for positive >1.19, for equivocal 0.80-1.19, which means that since I am at 0.83, there is an equivocal chance I may have had Lyme disease many years ago or I still have some of it. I would assume it's what led to my over 10 years of "mental instability" but somehow I managed to get by as rough as it was.

Lyme Ab IgG by WB: IgG P41 Ab - present - abnormal - this "strain" or Borrelia-specific band is the only one present and the "flag" here is said to be "abnormal".

While I am negative for Lyme disease since one would have to have at least 5 Borrelia-specific bands to be positive for Lyme, I only have 1 but still worries me since this specific band "P41" is present at abnormal levels.

I had recently visited a cardiologist to get my heart checked up and requested the paper work to see the reading and other lists of other problems on my health record and they are: mitral valve prolapse, history of depression/ADHD, and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.

While the last problem is a bit new to me since I was already aware of the first 2 many years ago, I'm curious if I'm deficient in iodine? Could I correct this problem by supplement some iodine (kelp supplement, etc.)?

Last edited:

eon

I'm curious if anyone here know more about iodine supplementation? I had read great reviews about Lugol's iodine on amazon. One reviewer stated that iodine is the most potent antifungal there is. I wonder what it can do for all of us with these lyme and toxo issues (I have some lyme traces, but not toxo). Another reviewer quote: "A thyroid imbalance can lead to 59 separate diseases! It is a terrible condition."

I wonder what these 59 diseases are?