• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Causal link between hepatitis vaccine and MS?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I couldn't see a thread about this - apologies if it is here somewhere.

Original paper (PDF) here.

Alliance for Natural Health article here.

Text of latter:

Hepatitis B vaccination linked to multiple sclerosis
In a new French study that examines detailed national data around the mass vaccination of French adults in the mid 1990s, Dominique Le Houezec has established a firm link between Hepatitis B vaccinations and a sudden rise in the number of cases of multiple sclerosis (MS). 20 million French people were vaccinated between 1994 and 1997 after the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended to mass vaccinate against hepatitis. In 1998, French media published articles about a sudden increase in the number of cases of MS developing in France, linking them to this mass vaccination program. Vaccination numbers rapidly fell as a result. Now 20 years later, by looking at all the data from that time, the link has been confirmed. The explanation behind the vaccination causing MS is not clear and the author describes the situation as “an involuntary very large scale experiment carried out on a third of the French population,” and suggests it would be wise to consider this information when deciding whether to vaccinate family members against hepatitis.

Hip

There is also a thread on Hepatitis B vaccine and CFS / fibromyalgia link here
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...unization-with-the-hepatitis-b-vaccine.34067/

If we assume the theory detailed on that thread that adjuvants are the cause of the vaccine-induced autoimmune diseases, what is it about the hepatitis B vaccine adjuvant that seems to make this by far the most common vaccine-induced cause of ME/CFS, and now with this link to MS as well.

My answer to that question:
Interestingly enough, if you look at this website listing vaccine ingredients, the only two vaccines on the list that are manufactured from yeast are the hepatitis B vaccine, and the Gardasil HPV vaccine (but not the Cervarix HPV vaccine), and there are anecdotal reports of ME/CFS arising after HPV vaccination, as well as a strong association of ME/CFS with hepatitis B vaccination.

The website says that yeast protein is definitely present in the hepatitis B vaccine. Might this yeast protein act as an additional immunostimulatory adjuvant in the vaccine, thus further increasing the risk of precipitating autoimmunity? This paper found that yeast glucan acts as an adjuvant.