• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cannabidol

wastwater

Has anyone tried this as a treatment,I think its derived from hemp but has no psychoactive effect.Ive seen it mentioned in MS on prescription (Nabilone)

PennyIA

I haven't tried it directly. I had a trip to Colorado after they legalized recreational use marijuana and tried an edible. I spent the next 12 hours exceptionally ill and bedridden, and about six more hours after that in a stupor. I won't be trying recreational treatment again, but if I get an option to try one without a psychoactive effect, I would consider it in hopes that it might help the chronic pain.

Iquitos

@wastwater It's cannabidiol or CBD. It can be purchased on Amazon as Cibdex CBD drops or Dew Drops by Dixie Botanicals.

@PennyIA you probably ate too much. Packaging has been modified lately so that a warning about dosages is included, especially for those who are new to its use. It's the THC that makes a novice feel sick, when too much is taken.

A youtube video on CBD:

Yes, I've tried it and it helped with sleep and pain. But not as much as the medical cannabis varieties that I grow myself and process into a tincture. I use Med GOM 1.0 and CBD Kush, both of which have low THC and high CBD.

Here's another youtube video on THC:

If you search PR you can find other threads with a lot more posts from those who have tried CBD and cannabis in general.

Iquitos

From the article: "...but without the psychotic side-effects."

I hope they realize the word they should have used is psychotropic, not psychotic.

Anyway, why would anyone want to vape CBD when they can get it as drops?

(BTW, "vape" is some dictionary's "word of the year.")

I haven't tried it directly. I had a trip to Colorado after they legalized recreational use marijuana and tried an edible. I spent the next 12 hours exceptionally ill and bedridden, and about six more hours after that in a stupor. I won't be trying recreational treatment again, but if I get an option to try one without a psychoactive effect, I would consider it in hopes that it might help the chronic pain.

why did you take so much?

There has been some speculation that the human population at large is suffering from a cannabinoid deficiency. We have, in our oldest genetic material, cannabinoid receptors throughout our bodies and lately, we're not keeping them supplied.

Cannabidol is derived from hemp. An inexpensive way to get some into your diet is to add Hempseed oil. It's low heat tolerant so I use it in smoothies. It's also very, very good for your kidneys. THC free.

3 years before he died, my father's kidneys were failing, at 30% functionality. I was his caregiver. Within a year of starting daily doses of hempseed oil, his kidney function rose to 65%.

Iquitos

There has been some speculation that the human population at large is suffering from a cannabinoid deficiency. We have, in our oldest genetic material, cannabinoid receptors throughout our bodies and lately, we're not keeping them supplied.

Cannabidol is derived from hemp. An inexpensive way to get some into your diet is to add Hempseed oil. It's low heat tolerant so I use it in smoothies. It's also very, very good for your kidneys. THC free.

3 years before he died, my father's kidneys were failing, at 30% functionality. I was his caregiver. Within a year of starting daily doses of hempseed oil, his kidney function rose to 65%.
Cannabidol and cannabidiol are not the same thing. Cannabidol is one of the dozens of cannabinoids in cannabis but hasn't been isolated so that one may take only that, as far as I know. And what it's good for hasn't been researched either.

Cannabidiol, or CBD, is the cannabinoid that has been found so beneficial for many conditions, and has been isolated and is produced for sale to individuals. What is for sale may or may not be derived from hemp. Two brothers in Colorado have been producing it from medical cannabis varieties that are high in CBD and low in THC. One of those varieties is called Charlotte's Web, named after a child suffering from Dravet syndrome, a fatal or near-fatal type of pediatric epilepsy.

I use hemp oil myself and asked the producers whether there are any cannabinoids in it. They said no, but they may not know.