• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bee pollen and bladder pain

Gondwanaland

I started taking 1/2 teaspoon of bee pollen for the aminoacids but it caused needle-like pain in my bladder. DH said it could be die off, that I could have some bacterial infection. But I have my urine tested for bacteria every 6 months or so for several years now and it has always been clear of urinary infections.

Any ideas about the bladder connection?

I stopped using bee pollen a month or so ago when I started to get odd and immediate joint pain when eating some foods or using some supplements. Bee pollen was one of the now hundreds of things that trigger this weird and worrying body-wide joint pain(now also in bones sometimes). I wondered about Uric acid, saw a ridiculous Dr who did a blood test and I then found out that guess what..... He didn't check Uric acid! Finally had it done on Friday so will let you know if it is high as that maybe a link? I am sure I read somewhere that it is high in purines- may be worth a look? Best.

Mel

Gondwanaland

OK, that would explain it. I must always watch my uric acid. And also must always remember my drs. to ask for it to be tested :rolleyes: I also had joint pain when I started the bee pollen, but thought it was something else. Nowadays everything is giving me joint pain :ill:

Thanks for your input, Mel :thumbsup: