• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NutrEval Results

So, I've read all of the interpretation of the Nutreval and cannot figure out what the heck is wrong. I have an appointment with my MD in January, but not having an intelligent interpretation of these results is killing me.

What really stands out to me is Succinic Acid is listed as "<dl". But everything else in the Krebs cycle seems normal. Why would this be?

Also, there are only a few things outside normal ranges, but everything else seems to be borderline.

I'm starting to think that this test thinks I'm an alcoholic rather than someone who drinks only on the weekends and at that rarely.

I'm very confused and need some help before I drive myself crazy obsessing.

Attachments

• Nutreval.pdf
    497 KB · Views: 31

Mary

Moderator Resource
@fabu26 - A couple of things stand out at a quick glance - you have a very high need for folate (very important for energy!), B2 is also very low; B12, B1, vitamin C and ALA are all borderline low and they recommend supplementation. Glycine is pretty low, near the bottom of the normal range, and this is an important amino acid and Genova is recommending supplementation. I know it helps with sleep and also I think with energy production. Aspartic acid is also very low, but I don't know its effect or what should be done as it can be tricky dealing with aspartic acid.

You have several abnormalities that can affect energy production. That's about all the interpretation I can do, hopefully someone else can be of more help.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help!! It makes me feel better to know that I am not crazy!

Yes, my energy levels are low and I cannot lose weight despite calorie restriction and increased exercise. My energy levels hit bottom between 2:00p and 3:00p after I've taken my normal round of supplements. It is crazy, I can take the supplements and an hour later be flat on my back.

The funny thing about all of those B vitamins is that I have celiac disease and I supplement with a compounding pharmacy's B-complex. I have had to ramp up slowly to taking it daily or it would knock me out for the day. When I was giving myself B-complex injections my B-vitamins were off the charts in serum tests but I guess it wasn't getting to where it needed to be.