• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

6 Remedies for Fibro / Muscle Pain

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I have identified several different causes of my own "fibromyalgia" muscle pain.

Different imbalances can cause physical pain. Listening to your body to find out what it's missing and correcting the balance will remove the fibromyalgia symptoms quickly. Here are some imbalances to look out for:

• Lack of electrolytes (low potassium cramps, etc. Can be fixed with a drink like Emergen-C Electro Mix orOptimal Electrolyte)
  • Lack of magnesium (transdermal magnesium oil massage can soothe if this is reason for flare)
  • Low levels of thyroid hormone (need more iodine & selenium or thyroid glandular. methylation supplements improve my thyroid function)
  • Low levels of glycogen in muscles (can be fixed by eating carbs / starches... rice, sweet potato)
  • ATP bankruptcy (if I've really over done it physically, 5 grams of d-ribose will 'hotwire' the energy synthesis cycle and remove muscle pain. May require several doses over a day or two.)
  • Inflammation from allergies, GLUTEN, delayed onset food intolerances, bad fats, etc. (Do an elimination diet and find out what causes you to flare. Then stop eating it!)
For my "wired" insomnia that often comes with fibromyalgia, I have found that taking sublingual B6 will usually put me right to sleep. I suspect its caused by Pyroluria.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Sherpa, have you ever tried taking essential sugars or glyconutrients? If so, did they help? I have been thinking about trying Swanson's brand of essential sugars to see if they help. I tried a low carb diet once and things got much worse for me. I think I must also have a low level of glycogen.