• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help with Terrible Pain and Muscle Spasms

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
This morning I took 40mg of Mg oxide with my B complex and had to go back to bed to sleep a few more hours. So I think I won't need to supplement with Mg so soon again...

One must watch out for low BP and other mineral imbalances.
Maybe you are a hyperabsorber, since it is commonly said that Mg oxide is so very poorly absorbed as compared to all other types of Mg?

acrosstheveil

maybe i will try some magnesium oxide. weird i heard that is the most ineffective form. have you tried liposomal magnesium?

acrosstheveil

is there a good electrolyte formula i should order? or should i supplement them seperately? what are the best forms of electrolytes?

Gondwanaland

maybe i will try some magnesium oxide. weird i heard that is the most ineffective form. have you tried liposomal magnesium?
never tried it
is there a good electrolyte formula i should order? or should i supplement them seperately? what are the best forms of electrolytes?
I ordered the one I linked in a previous reply b/c it was inexpensive and it helped with night sweats I started having - I think due to lowered calcium (too much magnesium!)

Gondwanaland

Curcumin is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory :balanced:
I think it's high in salicylates, it's a good sign that you tolerate it :thumbsup:

perchance dreamer

@acrosstheveil, I've been thinking of you. Since you have experienced anaphylaxis, do you have an Epi pen? You should have one on you at all times. If you don't have one, insist that you get a prescription for it. It could save your life someday.

Also, do you ever take Benadryl? I bought the dye-free liqui-gels to have on hand.

My husband doesn't have a true allergy, but he is extremely sensitive to bee stings. He's never gone into shock, but does experience godawful swelling when stung.

I got the liqui-gels so that he could bite down on 1 or 2 if he gets stung again. I'm sure the liquid would absorb faster than a tablet. The taste would be horrid, I imagine.

Do you have an integrated medicine clinic in your area or know of a great nutritionist? I see a P.A. at an integrative health clinic and a nutritionist with a doctorate in the subject. They've helped me so much more than traditional doctors.

acrosstheveil

no i don't have an epi-pen. I was tested for allergies and they say i don't have "true" allergies...whatever that means. So they say I have no reason to have an epi-pen.

Yes, I take benadryl every day.

I am seeing an internal medicine doctor right now. I've seen dozens of doctors but most want to just give me antibiotics for the lyme which does not help at all. My symptoms and pain just get worse over the years and they will not give me narcotics saying it's for very sick patients. Well. I am very sick and in pain ever day. Why do they make this medicine if noone will prescribe it?

Anyways, I asked my doctor about baclofen and stronger pain meds. He doesn't know anything about baclofen. He is very against pain meds and his response seemed hostile. He mentioned a bunch of antidepressants which I refuse to take like . He mentioned savella and elavil and trazadone. Definitely can't take trazadone. He also mentioned topamax and said he might be willing to try tramadol...

very disappointed and hopeless right now. I just want the pain to end. Nothing else matters in my life right now because I can't enjoy anything with all this pain. I spend all my money on health stuff and special food so I can eat due to all my allergies. I can't even go to bars or concerts or anything due to fear of a reaction. My life is just dwindling away.

Cancer patients don't have all this to worry about. IMO, whatever I'm dealing with is equal to or worse than what constitutes "severely ill". I am beyond frustrated and don't know what to do. Every time I see a new doctor it takes me months to convince them I am actually sick. They all think i'm exaggerating it. Even if I see a special pain doc I'm sure they will just want to give me some anti-inflammatories or something which never does anything but make my liver hurt.

Anyone a doctor here in the northern Virginia area that might be able to understand what I'm dealing with? I hate trying to see new doctors and being disappointed with their lack of treatment. It's stressful and probably makes me look like a drug-seeker to them.

wouldn't it be awesome for a doctor to see my posts on here then realize what I'm goign through? I've even travel 500 miles to see a doc that I know would help me.

I keep looking a this gun on my nightstand and wonder how it would be in my next life. I would never kill myself because it would destroy my family emotionally but they would definitely be better off financially. I feel like a burden and think about that gun every day. It's sad but it's the only escape I can see right now.

I'm sure some of you reading this are goiing to be like check your self into a mental health facility or some bullshit. Been there, done that. Definitely does not help my situation.

is there anybody out there?

perchance dreamer

Hi, @acrosstheveil. I googled integrative medicine clinics northern virginia and got these results:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=integrative+medicine+clinics+northern+virginia

I'd recommend finding an integrative practitioner because they dig to find out the reason for health problems instead of just treating symptoms.

I know you need so much help, but here are some suggestions in the meantime.

1. Heavenly mat. This is an acupressure mat that you lie on. It brings a powerful whoosh of fresh blood to your back and neck and really revs up the circulation. I find that I have to lie on it without clothes to get the full effect although at first my lower back was too tender, so I'd wear underwear.

http://heavenlymat.com/

There are other brands of acupressure mats, too. I lie on the mat with a small pillow under my neck and a large pillow under my knees. I started out at 10 minutes and worked up to 20.

2. Contrast bathing. The idea is to go back and forth between hot and cold, the combination of the 2 being more effective than either alone.

I do this by getting in a hot bath or hot tub and then using cold packs. Some people are helped more by cold therapy followed by hot therapy. Epsom salts in the bath help.

3. Brainwave therapy for depression. I know you are really depressed by your health problems and frustrations finding treatment.

A company that sells brainwave entrainment products is Transparent Corp. Their Neuro-Programmer product has dozens of different sessions to help various conditions. The nice thing is that you can download a free trial version.

I don't know if they call it this anymore in the new version, but they used to have a Depression Reduction session. It really helped me although some people might be more helped by an Alpha or Theta session.

For this session you need to listen with headphones. They needn't be at all fancy, but must have left/right separation.

If this interests you, read on their site about brainwaves if you aren't already familiar. They have good customer service. I used to email them with questions, and they were always responsive.

http://www.transparentcorp.com/

I'm thinking of you and fully believe you can get better. Take care.