• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PGE2m - Prostaglandin E2 (dinoprostone)

halcyon

Also I wonder if measurement of F2a in premenopausal women would need to take into account what day of the cycle they are in as some is naturally produced in the luteal phase if there was no implantation.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
According to these folks that do testing for prostaglandins, F2a is a metabolite of PGE2. PGF2a activates the prostaglandin F (FP) receptor.

Does anyone here that has elevated PGE2 suffer from shortness of breath? I see one of the effects of F2a is bronchoconstriction.
yes me - just started turmeric root, hope it will help the inflammation and in turn the breathing...

halcyon

I'd be interested to hear if it helps at all justy. I've been meaning to try quercetin for the same reason but I haven't been able to yet.

justy

I'd be interested to hear if it helps at all justy. I've been meaning to try quercetin for the same reason but I haven't been able to yet.
Well on first try I can say that by the end of the day my breathing and sinuses felt great - really clear. BUT - and its a very big but - I then had awful diarrhoea all evening and was awake nearly all night with the worst stomach cramps I have ever had - painkillers didn't touch it.

Today my stomach is still noisy but pain mostly settled and I feel like a zombie from no sleep.

adreno

PR activist
Well on first try I can say that by the end of the day my breathing and sinuses felt great - really clear. BUT - and its a very big but - I then had awful diarrhoea all evening and was awake nearly all night with the worst stomach cramps I have ever had - painkillers didn't touch it.

Today my stomach is still noisy but pain mostly settled and I feel like a zombie from no sleep.
Did you take it with food? What dose?

snowathlete

I'm back looking at this again. I just got my last results from KDM, which are from the end of last year but took ages to reach me because of a mix up and looking at all my results ever, this is the one marker that did not decrease under KDM's treatment, staying very high throughout.
So berberine certainly isn't the answer (for me at least).

Thinktank

I'm back looking at this again. I just got my last results from KDM, which are from the end of last year but took ages to reach me because of a mix up and looking at all my results ever, this is the one marker that did not decrease under KDM's treatment, staying very high throughout.
So berberine certainly isn't the answer (for me at least).
Bummer, how long have you been using berberine and what dosage?
What's your PGE2 score?

snowathlete

Bummer, how long have you been using berberine and what dosage?
What's your PGE2 score?

It was about 25 or something I think (with normal being something like 5), and it more than doubled while I was undertaking treatment - including the Berberine. De Meirleir put this down to a herxhemier reaction.
Dosage was 200mg twice a day.

justy

Did you take it with food? What dose?
Yes, with lunch. took one tablet of turmeric root extract - I think 450mg - so not a large dose, although the pack says to only take one and not to exceed the dose I have seen websites where people with cancer are taking 8 grams a day!

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
Yes, with lunch. took one tablet of turmeric root extract - I think 450mg - so not a large dose, although the pack says to only take one and not to exceed the dose I have seen websites where people with cancer are taking 8 grams a day!
I have been taking curcumin for about a month at 125mg with lunch and tolerating it well. Splitting a 500mg capsule (500mg is what was prescribed).

You might want to consider a lower dose @justy

Best wishes Andy

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I then had awful diarrhoea all evening and was awake nearly all night with the worst stomach cramps I have ever had - painkillers didn't touch it.
Maybe you got lucky and found something that really kills off whatever gut microbe might be making you sick.
Like one of these:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4022204/
A Review on Antibacterial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Activity of Curcumin

Or if not a Herx, maybe it's a sensitivity. Which fits best with rapid onset?

adreno

PR activist
Yeah, that's indeed not a large dose. In this case (if your gut is generally that sensitive) I would look into gut health; this is also tied to inflammation.