• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pro Health Article on Vitamin D

sregan

"So far, scientists have identified nearly 3,000 genes that are influenced by vitamin D status, and a robust and growing body of research clearly shows that vitamin D is critical for optimal health and disease prevention.

This includes some of the more difficult-to-treat conditions, including Alzheimer’s disease,1Parkinson’s, and multiple sclerosis2(MS)."

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=19403

For me Vitamin D has been a miracle for my Daughter's OCD.

PointsNorth

Paulo
Hi, I have MS. My genetic profile is very similar to peeps with CFS so I joined up here A while back. I'm curious if people here also have the VDR +\+ gene.

I'm homozygous for the VDR gene. I'm high dosing D right now but no Love.

PN

Hi, I have MS. My genetic profile is very similar to peeps with CFS so I joined up here A while back. I'm curious if people here also have the VDR +\+ gene.

I'm homozygous for the VDR gene. I'm high dosing D right now but no Love.
Which VDR SNP are you +/+ for? VDR Bsm and VDR Taq don't have much impact, but there are others which do.

I've made a list of VDR mutation which an impact, and some which are rare but not researched yet, at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/interesting-vdr-variations.24480/ Some do have a very large impact (usually start with "i" instead of "rs"), and some have a rather small impact.

Kenshin

Vit D is a miracle for almost everything (because it balances the entire endocrine system)...
But it must be in the form of direct sunlight...With a diet high in healthy fats (saturated)...
The supplements are still good in winter, but no substitute for the real thing which is produced in the body from the wavelengths of the sun.

Its #1 healer of the endocrine system.

Also - it is not a vitamin strictly speaking, its a pro-hormone and regulates far more processes in the body than a vitamin.