• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluoride

u&iraok

Anyone looking into fluoride? I found this interesting article and here's an excerpt:

"Fluorides cause some of the worst damage to the immune system with very low concentrations. Industrial fluoride emission in Germany in the late 1800s was perhaps the first chemical to produce worker and community health problems. Fluoride is connected to renal stone formation via insoluble calcium fluoride formation, much like what happens with metals in lymph nodes.[67] Veterinarians warn against using fluoride toothpaste on animals and with the knowledge of the lymph node effects fluoride tooth pastes and fluoridated public water become dangerous to public health. Industrial fluoride emission was linked to asthma and to arthritis.[68, 69, 70] Fluoride workers also show their cytokine response biased toward the Th2 in the long term.[71] Fluorides impair the macrophage's at very low concentrations and the effect is strongest in the lymph nodes from the insoluble product effect that is often combined with metals and free radical synergy effects.[72, 73, 74, 75] Fluorides cause swelling of the mitochondria indicating damage to ATP processes.[76] Hydrogen fluoride sets off inflammation in lungs.[77, 78] Fluorides toxic effects set up the same mechanism as seen in the beryllium model. Fluorides are pulled into the lymph nodes and the affinity of fluoride for calcium produces an insoluble precipitate that is similar to the effects caused by the insoluble metals. The effect sets up TNFa and hyper-oxygen damage that locally lowers glutathione in the lymph cells. TNFa promotes viral RNA replication. Increasing viral infection in the type I macrophage's promotes more TNFa and this is multiplied by the repeating effect of cells in the lymph system. This activation of the Th1 process also sets up a switch to Th2 mode slowly as the macrophage's stop working and foreign cell products accumulate in the tissues that trigger the Th2 mode. Th2 suppressor effects on Th1, impaired ATP, glutathione, and other effects contribute to the mode switch.[79] Th2 mode involves IL-10 that further depresses and shuts down the macrophage action and locks in the Th2 mode.
This lymph node / mitochondria impact thesis became a toxic pathway mechanism for immune dysfunction in 1986 that explained the process for all immune linked diseases and even aging / longevity factors. The thesis was that insoluble toxic material, metals and fluoride predominately, accumulated in the lymph nodes and disabled this pathogen destruction mechanism and the toxic presence set up a continuous cytokine response in the lymph system that keeps the immune system triggered and allows pathogen presence.[80] In the early stages of viral activation, a Th1 profile with TNFa is often seen and in a normal immune response these levels control the virus.[81] Internal cell viruses such as EBV, CMV, HHV-6, mycoplasma, cancer viruses, HIV, and etc. can run out of control with a system biased toward Th2. The toxic material concentrations triggered the inflammation effects that cause cell apoptosis, necrosis, consume glutathione, etc. Add in pathogenic components and the outcome is further modified. HIV spends cell energy and promotes TNFa and IL-10, which helps in the demise of T-cells as the disease progresses due principally to the loss of macrophage activity from the IL-10.[82]"

More interesting reading in the article:

http://www.doewatch.com/cfs/

adreno

PR activist
Well, I wouldn't supplement it, if that's what you mean. I also wouldn't drink fluoridated water.

Ian

Fluoride is industrial waste being dumped into the water to save money. That's all. It's actually considered a terrorist offence to dump into rivers/streams. Fluoride only works topically anyway, it's of absolutely no benefit swallowing it.

perchance dreamer

I'd like to find a whole-house water filter system that gets rid of flouride, too. I don't want RO, though, so am looking for something else. If anyone knows a good one, please let me know.