• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Psychiatry guilty of massive fraud

Countrygirl

http://www.cchr.org/cchr-reports/massive-fraud/introduction.html

Mark Schiller, president of the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, admitted: “I have frequently seen psychiatrists diagnose patients with a range of psychiatric diagnoses that aren’t justified, to obtain [insurance] reimbursements.”

However, psychiatrist and psychologist membership bodies do not police this criminality. Rather, as former president of the American Psychiatric Association (APA), Paul Fink, arrogantly admitted: “It is the task of the APA to protect the earning power of psychiatrists.”

The mental health monopoly has practically zero accountability and zero liability for its failures. This has allowed psychiatrists and psychologists to commit far more than just financial fraud. The roster of crimes committed by these “professionals” ranges from fraud, drug offenses, rape and sexual abuse to child molestation, assault, manslaughter and murder.

Psychiatrists in the UK are more likely to be awarded knighthoods rather than a jail sentence for the above.:D

Cheshire

There's something deeply rotten when you're better paid if you give a diagnosis. Especially in psychiatry where it should take some time to really evaluate someone's mental state.

barbc56

Mark Schiller, president of the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, admitted: “I have frequently seen psychiatrists diagnose patients with a range of psychiatric diagnoses that aren’t justified, to obtain [insurance] reimbursements
.This group is an advocacy group disguised as a medical group. and very conservative. This would make me question the accuracy of the above statements. I'm not saying corruption doesn't exist, but I would take the above information with a grain of salt. They certainly have an agenda
The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association founded in 1943 to "fight socialized medicine and to fight the government takeover of medicine."[1][2] The group was reported to have approximately 4,000 members in 2005, and 3,000 in 2011.[1][3] Notable members include Ron Paul and John Cooksey;[4] the executive director is Jane Orient, a member of the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine.

The AAPS motto, "omnia pro aegroto" is Latin for "all for the patient."[5] AAPS also publishes the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (formerly known as the Medical Sentinel). The Journalis not indexed by mainstream scientific databases such as theWeb of Science or MEDLINE.[6] The quality and scientific validity of articles published in the Journal has been widely criticized, and many of the political and scientific viewpoints advocated by AAPS are considered extreme or dubious by mainstream scientists and medical group

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Physicians_and_Surgeons

Barb

barbc56

Maybe the person who wrote that wikipedia entry was a psychiatrist.

:lol:

Love that. Thanks.

Unfortunately, this group is well known. I think there are many+ valid complaints about the psychiatric profession, but as I said, I find their agenda not to my taste and therefore keep that in mind when evaluating statements.

But then even a broken clock is right twice a day, so I try to also rely on other sources to put things in perspective.

Barb