• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TLR-2 and borrellia (lyme)

duncan

I would interpret it the same way. I notice the publication date is 2005. It is also primarily a German endeavor, and that country hasn't been as quick as others to wholeheartedly adhere to IDSA Guidelines.

I wonder if there were ever any follow-up studies.

Incidentally, you would think the NIH would be following this lead, or even something similar, considering its principal, if not sole, focus these days is diagnostics.

Last edited:

duncan

rsID? Boy, do I feel ignorant... This is gene talk? I can almost guarantee the NIH isn't looking at this relative to Lyme patients. :)

Valentijn

I can almost guarantee the NIH isn't looking at this relative to Lyme patients. :)
It's been researched a fair bit regarding other infections, and it sounds like variations elsewhere in the gene often have a very significant impact.

23andMe data for the rest of the gene looks very normal for 31 patients I have full data for, when compared to 31 controls. One possible exception is rs3804100 where we have 2 patients and 0 controls who are homozygous for the rare version. The usual homozygous prevalence is 1.2%, but we're at 6.5%. It could just be a fluke though, since it's pretty small sample size.

duncan

"23andMe data for the rest...looks very normal for 31 patients..." Lyme patients?